Mt. Juliet at Hendersonville for Region Title

steelcityroller

This is a big game in the region for both teams. If Mt. Juliet wins they are the region champs and finish the season 10-0. If Hendersonville wins they will be region champs with a Lebanon loss to Rossview. With a win they at worst can finish 3rd in the region which is significant because the 4 seed has to travel to play Oakland. So whether or not they win the region there is motivation via playoff seeding to win this game for Hendersonville.

For Mt. Juliet the talk all year long as been the shutouts and the schedule. They now have 7 shutouts and have only allowed 23 points through 9 games. Extremely impressive no matter how you cut it.

But the argument that is always thrown back is the schedule. And it is a valid point. They have wins/shutouts over Station Camp, Overton, Glencliff, Wilson Central and Clarksville NW and those teams are a combined 5-40. The other wins are over Lebanon, McGavock, Rossview and Gallatin. The better wins of that bunch are over Rossview and Gallatin. Of note is that Hendersonville played those teams the last 2 weeks and won by 20 and 21 as well.

The bottom line is that Mt. Juliet has handled what has been in front of them all year long. This Hendersonville team is the best team they will have played in the regular season. I know people are watching this game to see how Mt. Juliet has stacked up to other competition. In week 1 Hendersonville lost by 35 to Blackman for example. That is very possibly a team that Mt. Juliet could be going up against in the 1st round.

My interest in this game will be when Hendersonville has the ball. They have scored +21 in every game this year and are averaging close to 40 points per game since the loss to Lebanon. I'm pretty sure they realized they lost that game because they got away from the running game which was working well. So you have a team that hasn't been held to less than 21 all year against a team that has only allowed 23 all year. Should be interesting.

On the flipside I don't think Mt. Juliet will have much of a problem on offense has Hendersonville has also allowed a fair amount of points all year as well.

I'm gonna say something like

Mt. Juliet 35

Hendersonville 21

13 minutes ago, pizzpatriot said:

MJ is going to roll like the Tide did today. Maybe not as bad but MJ is the best team in Middle Tennessee this year.

Disney World Prediction.  Pure FANTASYLAND.

Play time is over.  NOW the REAL football begins and none are cupcakes after the first round.

No matter how you see it, Hendersonville is always tougher at home.  MJ do NOT count this as a win yet.  Bring it, then sing it.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Disney World Prediction.  Pure FANTASYLAND.

Play time is over.  NOW the REAL football begins and none are cupcakes after the first round.

No matter how you see it, Hendersonville is always tougher at home.  MJ do NOT count this as a win yet.  Bring it, then sing it.

I'm just saying. 

I don't have a dog in their race but I have seen them play twice and have two work colleauges with kids on the team. Hands down theyvare good.

2 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

MJ is going to roll like the Tide did today. Maybe not as bad but MJ is the best team in Middle Tennessee this year.

MJ should win by several scores.  Will see about your claim of being the best team.   That's why they play the games.  Have seen that even the best can still be beat.   Good luck to them in the playoffs.  

If this game were played at Mt. Juliet, I would go with them in a close one.  Being that it is in Hendersonville, I'm taking the home team in a close upset.  I know it was earlier in the season when I saw Mt. Juliet but I think Hendersonville has righted their ship and are headed in the right direction.  To me, Kincaid is the kid you have to pay attention to.  Good luck to both teams this week and against those Ru-Co teams in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, wave88 said:

If this game were played at Mt. Juliet, I would go with them in a close one.  Being that it is in Hendersonville, I'm taking the home team in a close upset.  I know it was earlier in the season when I saw Mt. Juliet but I think Hendersonville has righted their ship and are headed in the right direction.  To me, Kincaid is the kid you have to pay attention to.  Good luck to both teams this week and against those Ru-Co teams in the playoffs.

I agree with this. Hendersonville in a close one to win the region (also predicting a Rossview win over Lebanon). Not to discredit MJ, but I'm of the opinion they would have a couple losses playing Hendersonville's schedule. 

Should be a good one...

10 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Best team in the mid state? Seriously? Not even in the top 5.   Take it from someone who has seen them play, MJ loses to BA, Oakland, MBA, Riverdale, Beech and probably Hillsboro. 

• Upvote 1