Mt. Juliet at Hendersonville for Region Title

steelcityroller

14 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

This is a big game in the region for both teams. If Mt. Juliet wins they are the region champs and finish the season 10-0. If Hendersonville wins they will be region champs with a Lebanon loss to Rossview. With a win they at worst can finish 3rd in the region which is significant because the 4 seed has to travel to play Oakland. So whether or not they win the region there is motivation via playoff seeding to win this game for Hendersonville.

For Mt. Juliet the talk all year long as been the shutouts and the schedule. They now have 7 shutouts and have only allowed 23 points through 9 games. Extremely impressive no matter how you cut it.

But the argument that is always thrown back is the schedule. And it is a valid point. They have wins/shutouts over Station Camp, Overton, Glencliff, Wilson Central and Clarksville NW and those teams are a combined 5-40. The other wins are over Lebanon, McGavock, Rossview and Gallatin. The better wins of that bunch are over Rossview and Gallatin. Of note is that Hendersonville played those teams the last 2 weeks and won by 20 and 21 as well.

The bottom line is that Mt. Juliet has handled what has been in front of them all year long. This Hendersonville team is the best team they will have played in the regular season. I know people are watching this game to see how Mt. Juliet has stacked up to other competition. In week 1 Hendersonville lost by 35 to Blackman for example. That is very possibly a team that Mt. Juliet could be going up against in the 1st round.

My interest in this game will be when Hendersonville has the ball. They have scored +21 in every game this year and are averaging close to 40 points per game since the loss to Lebanon. I'm pretty sure they realized they lost that game because they got away from the running game which was working well. So you have a team that hasn't been held to less than 21 all year against a team that has only allowed 23 all year. Should be interesting.

On the flipside I don't think Mt. Juliet will have much of a problem on offense has Hendersonville has also allowed a fair amount of points all year as well.

I'm gonna say something like

Mt. Juliet 35

Hendersonville 21

Do you have a scenario where HHS loses and get the 4th seed?  I was thinking that if we lose the worst we could do is 3 and could still get the 2 if Lebanon loses.

If Hville wins Friday night and Lebanon loses they would a #1 seed

If Hville wins Friday night and Lebanon wins they would be a #3 seed (MJ is the #1 based on best overall record, that leaves Hville and Lebanon and LHS would be #2 based on head to head with Hville

if Hville loses Friday night and Lebanon loses they would be #2 (3 way tie with Rossview and Lebanon, Hville and Rossview have more overall wins than Lebanon and Hville beat Rossview head to head.  Rossview would be #3 and Lebanon #4

if Hville loses Friday and Lebanon wins Lebanon is #2 , Hville #3, and Rossview #4

Anybody out there correct me if I am wrong

24 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

If Hville wins Friday night and Lebanon loses they would a #1 seed

If Hville wins Friday night and Lebanon wins they would be a #3 seed (MJ is the #1 based on best overall record, that leaves Hville and Lebanon and LHS would be #2 based on head to head with Hville

if Hville loses Friday night and Lebanon loses they would be #2 (3 way tie with Rossview and Lebanon, Hville and Rossview have more overall wins than Lebanon and Hville beat Rossview head to head.  Rossview would be #3 and Lebanon #4

if Hville loses Friday and Lebanon wins Lebanon is #2 , Hville #3, and Rossview #4

Anybody out there correct me if I am wrong

Yep...thats what I was I was thinking Mondo

It's going to be difficult to tell if MtJuliet is a good team until about the 3rd round of the playoffs.  The following is the records for the teams they have played up until this point:

Glencliff 1-8, John Overton 0-9, Lebanon 5-4, Gallatin 6-3, Wilson Central 2-7, Clarksville North West 1-8, Rossview 5-4, McGavock 5-4, & Station Camp 1-8

MtJuliet has defeated 4 teams with winning records and those records were 1 team at 6-3 and 4 teams at 5-4.  MtJuliet simply has not played a real strong team this season.  It will be interesting to see how they respond in the playoffs when they must play a tough team.  This week they play a Hendersonville team that is 6-3 and has not beat a good team so we will know very little after this game.  Hendersonville lost to Blackman (7-2) 63-28 and to Beech (9-0) 35-21 and those are the only good teams that Hendersonville has faced this season.  

Edited by cbg

31 minutes ago, cbg said:

It's going to be difficult to tell if MtJuliet is a good team until about the 3rd round of the playoffs.  The following is the records for the teams they have played up until this point:

Glencliff 1-8, John Overton 0-9, Lebanon 5-4, Gallatin 6-3, Wilson Central 2-7, Clarksville North West 1-8, Rossview 5-4, McGavock 5-4, & Station Camp 1-8

MtJuliet has defeated 4 teams with winning records and those records were 1 team at 6-3 and 4 teams at 5-4.  MtJuliet simply has not played a real strong team this season.  It will be interesting to see how they respond in the playoffs when they must play a tough team.  This week they play a Hendersonville team that is 6-3 and has not beat a good team so we will know very little after this game.  Hendersonville lost to Blackman (7-2) 63-28 and to Beech (9-0) 35-21 and those are the only good teams that Hendersonville has faced this season.  

They're gonna find out sooner than the 3rd round, especially if they have to play Cookeville right out of the gate

7 hours ago, tandem said:

Best team in the mid state? Seriously? Not even in the top 5.   Take it from someone who has seen them play, MJ loses to BA, Oakland, MBA, Riverdale, Beech and probably Hillsboro. 

lol you're a joke. So Hillsboro a team that lost to Gallatin 16-14, and we beat Gallatin 37-0... is better than us? Beech is not better I'll put it to you like this, we didn't struggle to beat Wilson Central, and we sure wouldn't struggle to beat a weaker than normal Henry County, Beech is lucky to be in 5a where they are the best team next to no one which isn't saying much... also Mj beats Riverdale, Beech, Hillsboro, and probably MBA.

19 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

I'm just saying. 

I don't have a dog in their race but I have seen them play twice and have two work colleauges with kids on the team. Hands down theyvare good.

Yes they are very good.  But you've seen them twice and think they are the best team in middle Tennessee?  Id say Oakland, Blackman, Cookeville , Cane Ridge and Beech might not agree with you.  They may very well end up being the best public team from middle TN but not sure you have seen enough to make that statement.

10 hours ago, tandem said:

Best team in the mid state? Seriously? Not even in the top 5.   Take it from someone who has seen them play, MJ loses to BA, Oakland, MBA, Riverdale, Beech and probably Hillsboro. 

I am assuming he meant public schools.  No way they lose to Hillsboro.  Id take them in a close one over Beech.  I think Oakland beats them (may see that matchup soon).  They could beat MBA....would get smoked by BA.

9 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

This one will not be close.  Bears win 49-7.  It also means the Bears have still not beaten 1 good team all year.  

I dont see how we score 7.  My Juliet should count on a shutout with ease.  I mean we are only avering 37 a game...but we know that we are no matchup for the best D since the 85 Chicago Bears.

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

lol you're a joke. So Hillsboro a team that lost to Gallatin 16-14, and we beat Gallatin 37-0... is better than us? Beech is not better I'll put it to you like this, we didn't struggle to beat Wilson Central, and we sure wouldn't struggle to beat a weaker than normal Henry County, Beech is lucky to be in 5a where they are the best team next to no one which isn't saying much... also Mj beats Riverdale, Beech, Hillsboro, and probably MBA.

Come on by the QB club tailgate and I'll save a burger for ya.  You might even like some of us Hendersonville folks.

5 hours ago, cbg said:

If you don't think a 9-0 team that has allowed 23 points all year is a good team then I'm interested in hearing what teams you think are very good or great teams.

You say we won't know until the 3rd round and then later on mention Blackman as a good team. That is likely who they will play in the 1st round.... They would likely have to play some combination of Blackman/Riverdale/Cookeville in the 1st and 2nd round.

If they beat Hendersonville to get to 10-0 and then beat some combination of Blackman/Riverdale/Cookeville in the first 2 rounds. Then yeah I'd say they are a "good" football team.

In the 3rd round we will find out if they are a great football team.