Waverly host Forrest Round 1

vandyfan1

Been quiet on the Forrest side this season. Amerigha will be by shortly, that I can promise you. About Forrest, been a tough season. Was picked to win the region but, if it could go wrong this year it has. T.O and penalties have killed us. This team could easily be 9-1 and has the talent to be. That’s why they play the games. Wing T power run oriented offense. Solid D against the run, skeptical against pass. If Forrest can limit T.O and penalties they have the ability to keep it respectable as they are a time possession team. Our O will be the best D to keep high power Waverly O off the field. We must sustain drives as we can’t match Waverly point for point. These seniors have won a lot of games and lost last yr in 3rd round to Marion. Lost 2nd rd to Marion in 15’. I don’t know anything bout Waverly but what I have read and it looks like they are compared to the previous Marion co teams so they must be a very solid club 

Looking forward to this Fridays game myself and I hope its a good one! Just from looking at scores Forrest could've easily been the 1 seed instead of the 4th. As for Waverly we have a balanced O and will take what you give us. As for our D, well after losing 9 seniors from last year I knew we wouldn't be as tough this year on that side of the ball but as the season has went by they have turned into a pretty good bunch. After them reading about how they are the weak part of the team, they seem to be playing a lil "pissed off about it" lol and I'm glad to see it :)

56 minutes ago, ClassPrideTradition97 said:

Been quiet on the Forrest side this season. Amerigha will be by shortly, that I can promise you. About Forrest, been a tough season. Was picked to win the region but, if it could go wrong this year it has. T.O and penalties have killed us. This team could easily be 9-1 and has the talent to be. That’s why they play the games. Wing T power run oriented offense. Solid D against the run, skeptical against pass. If Forrest can limit T.O and penalties they have the ability to keep it respectable as they are a time possession team. Our O will be the best D to keep high power Waverly O off the field. We must sustain drives as we can’t match Waverly point for point. These seniors have won a lot of games and lost last yr in 3rd round to Marion. Lost 2nd rd to Marion in 15’. I don’t know anything bout Waverly but what I have read and it looks like they are compared to the previous Marion co teams so they must be a very solid club 

If your D is skeptical you might have a bad night, just saying. But yes this team is gonna be a tough one for a defense to figure out or an offense to keep up with. And I believe after all the change ups on D we have a solid ball hawking defense with a key run stopper!

To be honest I'm more worried about a good running team than I am about a good passing team. Our D has definitely stepped it up. Mr. Jackson is all over that field and could see that intensity in the defense last night that reminded me of last yrs D. They play very well together. Coaches have done a great job with the young men. 

5 hours ago, ClassPrideTradition97 said:

After the season the Rockets have had were just glad to have the opportunity. Could be a huge mis-match but, we’ll come on over and line em’ up anyhow. Forrest won’t do anything special and we know our identity.  

You guys sound like your battle tested. 

Wanna start by giving respect to Waverly for their program in general, and last year's semi appearance and taking Trez to the wire. That deserves respect. 

Forrest, bottom line, is a young team. Their best class is the sophomore class. I counted 7 sophomore starters. They lost a Mr Football finalist and a very strong senior class last year, and although the line is virtually all seniors, the team struggled early to find rhythm, physically, and emotionally. 

The remarks about the penalties are correct. In terms of game plan, Forrest's own staff seemed to be forcing things to happen at times, instead of staying their identity and being a solid pound the rock Wing T team. 

I'm not going to get into a huge X and O discussion. I feel that Forrest is as confident as they have been all year. They might lose but they won't be scared. 

Forrest had a rough scrimmage at the beginning of the year against Trousdale, then beat 4A Giles at our jamboree. It' been a year of ups and downs, and I honestly believe now that pre season predictions were unfair to this young group. Including my own.  

Forrest has been ahead in every game they have played except I believe Lewis Co. It was 7-0 LC, then 7-7, then 14-7 LC, then Forrest lost 21-7. Forrest in that game, I feel, wasn't given the best chance to win by their coaches. That's the last game Forrest lost. The coaches went back to physical football. There is no doubt that Forrest will be looking for a rough and tumble slugfest Fri. They will keep coming. 

Waverly is and should be heavily favored, and the truth is, this group at Forrest could challenge for the region the next two seasons, sp this prolly wouldn't be their year even if they were seeded 3, 2, or 1 in R5. These kids have won championships at every level, youth, middle school, and they are still emotionally and physically maturing into the HS game. But they have improved each week and they will be ready to shock some people. 

Good luck to both teams.         

13 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

After taking us into OT and giving us all we wanted, I seriously think they could be a sleeper. I really think they are better than their record. As someone mentioned before, if they limit mistakes and turnovers, Waverly could have to work harder than many think they will. 

Waverly will not be over looking Forrest that i can assure you

Edited by vandyfan1

5 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Wanna start by giving respect to Waverly for their program in general, and last year's semi appearance and taking Trez to the wire. That deserves respect. 

Forrest, bottom line, is a young team. Their best class is the sophomore class. I counted 7 sophomore starters. They lost a Mr Football finalist and a very strong senior class last year, and although the line is virtually all seniors, the team struggled early to find rhythm, physically, and emotionally. 

The remarks about the penalties are correct. In terms of game plan, Forrest's own staff seemed to be forcing things to happen at times, instead of staying their identity and being a solid pound the rock Wing T team. 

I'm not going to get into a huge X and O discussion. I feel that Forrest is as confident as they have been all year. They might lose but they won't be scared. 

Forrest had a rough scrimmage at the beginning of the year against Trousdale, then beat 4A Giles at our jamboree. It' been a year of ups and downs, and I honestly believe now that pre season predictions were unfair to this young group. Including my own.  

Forrest has been ahead in every game they have played except I believe Lewis Co. It was 7-0 LC, then 7-7, then 14-7 LC, then Forrest lost 21-7. Forrest in that game, I feel, wasn't given the best chance to win by their coaches. That's the last game Forrest lost. The coaches went back to physical football. There is no doubt that Forrest will be looking for a rough and tumble slugfest Fri. They will keep coming. 

Waverly is and should be heavily favored, and the truth is, this group at Forrest could challenge for the region the next two seasons, sp this prolly wouldn't be their year even if they were seeded 3, 2, or 1 in R5. These kids have won championships at every level, youth, middle school, and they are still emotionally and physically maturing into the HS game. But they have improved each week and they will be ready to shock some people. 

Good luck to both teams.         

The Waverly team has won championships at every level except this one and i think they are on a mission. General if your at the game I would like to meet ya if your ok with that. Waverly will not be over looking y'all and like I said I think a running base team would have more success against us than a passing based team would. Safe travels to you guys. I'm so ready for this game our schedule has been really boring here lately!