Clay Co @ Whitwell

TigerfootballFan

22 minutes ago, mighty97 said:

we had 6 fumbles vs clay and a bunch of penalties thats how clay kept it close we was driving it down their throat and kept fumbling.

That is what I heard! Better tighten that up before Whitwell comes to town! Wont be any room for error with their D!!!

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I listened to the Gordonsville/ClayCo game last night and will say that Whitwell will have their way with Clay County.   Clay only had a couple plays they converted into long TDs against Gordy.  Gordonsville moved the ball at will but turned it over time after time.  I believe the game will be a whitewash.  Clay prolly won't even score.  I would be surprised if they have anything of a scoring opportunity inside the red zone.  It'll depend on when Whitwell will pull the starters how bad it will be.  I think Whitwell is on a mission to shut everything and everyone down for as long as they can. They are gonna try to make a statement in each and every game. 

I agree with you. They still had starters scoring touchdowns last night in the fourth quarter against Sale Creek. 

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with you. They still had starters scoring touchdowns last night in the fourth quarter against Sale Creek. 

Miscommunication from what i heard. Coach wanted the SRs to take one final snap so they could be honored on the field, but they took it 65 instead. 3 pick sixes also helped pad the final score. 

Just now, TigerfootballFan said:

Miscommunication from what i heard. Coach wanted the SRs to take one final snap so they could be honored on the field, but they took it 65 instead. 3 pick sixes also helped pad the final score. 

I got you. I'm just going by the box score. It says Ashworth had a long run in the fourth and Petty had a 100 yard INT return. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

I got you. I'm just going by the box score. It says Ashworth had a long run in the fourth and Petty had a 100 yard INT return. 

Yes I think INT was early in the 4th, last series by the some of the starters. Coley subs different, for some reason he plays young kids in the DL and LB, put always keeps an older kid at safety in. I guess maybe to get them lined up? Also Ashworth was the backup last night and played most of the second half except the one snap by Hollaway.