Bruceton @ Cornersville

hammerhound

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

Thanks Trader. It's been a good ride so far. Proud of this group. 

If you would have asked me 20 years ago if I ever thought Cornersville would be in the position they are now I would have told you "not a chance". Back when I strapped it up for the Dawgs we weren' very good. We had some athletes don' get me wrong. The problem was we had kids on the team from Lewisburg, Petersburg, Lynnville, Fayetteville, and a couple other places. We didn' grow up playing together and that made a huge difference. We didn' always click or know what to expect from each other. The addition of the youth program there has turned things around for the better. It took some years to see results but it was worth the wait. Glad to see the Bulldogs finally have some success.  Sure has been fun keeping up with them this year and last.

10 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

If you would have asked me 20 years ago if I ever thought Cornersville would be in the position they are now I would have told you "not a chance". Back when I strapped it up for the Dawgs we weren' very good. We had some athletes don' get me wrong. The problem was we had kids on the team from Lewisburg, Petersburg, Lynnville, Fayetteville, and a couple other places. We didn' grow up playing together and that made a huge difference. We didn' always click or know what to expect from each other. The addition of the youth program there has turned things around for the better. It took some years to see results but it was worth the wait. Glad to see the Bulldogs finally have some success.  Sure has been fun keeping up with them this year and last.

Success is contagious...start winning and fans start coming, more fans means better atmosphere, better atmosphere means more kids want to be a part of it, resulting in a better team and more wins. Looks like C'ville has the ball rolling downhill...here's hoping that it keeps getting better for y'all!

10 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Your right most of these Juniors have been playing on the same team  since they were 4 they control there on destiny I'm Super proud of The Dawgs 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Success is contagious...start winning and fans start coming, more fans means better atmosphere, better atmosphere means more kids want to be a part of it, resulting in a better team and more wins. Looks like C'ville has the ball rolling downhill...here's hoping that it keeps getting better for y'all!

Funny thing is we were never lacking in the fan department. They would line the fence and fill the stands even when we were 2-8. That' one of the things I loved about playing at Cornersville.  We had total support from the community and I'm glad to see that hasn't ' changed.

Edited by leadfarmer
  • Upvote 1