(Round 1) Grainger (7-3) vs. AC Mavericks (10-0)

MAVERICK1995

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

Not necessarily, if you have two good teams and neither are making head way if you can take some time off the clock then this system can work especially if you have a good passing team like the Mavs this tripple option could open up some good passing yardage.

Possibly but a good defense like Elizabethton or Greeneville can shut that down. Then what? 

1 minute ago, Cyclonefan29 said:

Possibly but a good defense like Elizabethton or Greeneville can shut that down. Then what? 

That opens up the pass; hard to be really good both ways the key is a good effective versatile QB and AC has the best I have seen in a while. Remember Catholic in the past had a QB like this too. Also AC staff is really good with adjustments.

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That opens up the pass; hard to be really good both ways the key is a good effective versatile QB and AC has the best I have seen in a while. Remember Catholic in the past had a QB like this too. Also AC staff is really good with adjustments.

Best Qb I have seen is Ballard @ Greeneville. I have Saw the Mavs as well this season. I do understand that your schedule this year wasn’t very good. I do remember a 3 way scrimmage the Mavs played in August and if I’m not mistaken they never scored and gave up a lot of points of defense. That’s one thing that stands out to me. 

Just now, Cyclonefan29 said:

Best Qb I have seen is Ballard @ Greeneville. I have Saw the Mavs as well this season. I do understand that your schedule this year wasn’t very good. I do remember a 3 way scrimmage the Mavs played in August and if I’m not mistaken they never scored and gave up a lot of points of defense. That’s one thing that stands out to me. 

Offense wasn't clicking during that scrimmage. It was 10 play rotation between south doyle, fulton, and AC. South doyle scored 2 touchdowns and fulton scored 1. I was at that scrimmage because I heard South Doyle was suppose to be something else... I wasn't impressed by any of the 3 teams that day. Heritage ended up whooping up on south doyle pretty bad and we all saw what happened to AC and Heritage. Scrimmages are a really weird thing and shouldnt be used as a measuring stick. 

Edited by haweanbula
  • Upvote 1

Just now, haweanbula said:

Offense wasn't clicking during that scrimmage. It was 10 play rotation between south doyle, fulton, and AC. South doyle scored 2 touchdowns and fulton scored 1. I was at that scrimmage. 

Wasn’t clicking? 

So the offense wasn’t clicking against a good defense like Fulton? That’s probably the only good defense the Mavs have faced all year. That’s interesting 

Just now, Cyclonefan29 said:

Wasn’t clicking? 

So the offense wasn’t clicking against a good defense like Fulton? That’s probably the only good defense the Mavs have faced all year. That’s interesting 

I edited go back and look at the rest of my statement, I didn't flesh out my full thought. 

Edited by haweanbula

12 minutes ago, Cyclonefan29 said:

It sure is a good thing we don't put stock into the NFL pre-season and start declaring strength of squad and wins. There are many variables that can be misleading before a season. I think it's more than obvious that AC has it together regardless what anyone thinks of the schedule. If there were no concerns this would be a very quiet board.

Edited by Foxman43

1 minute ago, Foxman43 said:

It sure is a good thing we don't put stock into the NFL pre-season and start declaring strength of squad and wins. There are many variables that can be misleading before a season. I think it's more than obvious that AC has it together regardless what anyone thinks of the schedule. It there were no concerns this would be a very quiet board.

Concerns a lot of people look at is strength of schedule and I know Ac is at the very bottom of that list 

19 minutes ago, Cyclonefan29 said:

We can have this discussion next week when we play. But gotta win this week first. 

No matter what its going to be a good exciting game next week. But your correct AC and Betsy needs to take care of Rd 1 first...

Edited by Space3

So it appears that Grainger County will be the best team the Mavs have faced in 2017. Wow! Would not be surprised if GC wins

2nd AC being a young team that is BS most of those Juniors are already 18year olds Anderson County AD had several held back in 7th grade at Norris Middle. Of course he had parents approval