White House Football

Devil21

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, LocoLupe said:

Huh?

Just wingman10 upping his post count. Guess the moron thinks WH beat SS last week.

May just be a pet peeve of mine but plugging in one or two word posts on every thread he can embarrasses me for him...sucks that the best word he could come up with for a program's thread who was eliminated a week ago was "congrats".

On 11/5/2017 at 1:09 AM, LocoLupe said:

I graduated in 2002

Your senior year at White House was my senior year at Sycamore.  One of the greatest memories of my lifetime was when we won at White House in Week 3 of the 2001 season 13-12.  Both of our teams went on to reach the Quarterfinal Round of the State Playoffs that November and both of our teams lost to the eventual state runner-up in 3A (Crockett County) and 4A (Hillsboro) respectively.  

On 11/23/2017 at 11:07 AM, howdoitknow said:

Your senior year at White House was my senior year at Sycamore.  One of the greatest memories of my lifetime was when we won at White House in Week 3 of the 2001 season 13-12.  Both of our teams went on to reach the Quarterfinal Round of the State Playoffs that November and both of our teams lost to the eventual state runner-up in 3A (Crockett County) and 4A (Hillsboro) respectively.  

That was a very fun year for me as well. We only lost 2 regular season games that year and they were both 13-12 because we missed extra points. That kicker would later go on to be a very good kicker and kick in college. 

Springfield is going to state....... White House high school has wasted so much talent over the last 25 years it is ridiculous.  BDP should have at least three more state championships in 98, 04, and 08.  But they get out coached come playoff time every year.  It is unacceptable that we lost in the second round of the playoffs this year.  Coach Porter is a great fella, but he is the king of mediocrity. 

1 hour ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Springfield is going to state....... White House high school has wasted so much talent over the last 25 years it is ridiculous.  BDP should have at least three more state championships in 98, 04, and 08.  But they get out coached come playoff time every year.  It is unacceptable that we lost in the second round of the playoffs this year.  Coach Porter is a great fella, but he is the king of mediocrity. 

The truth is the record this year was inflated because of playing a weak schedule. As I said before, coming off of an 0-10 season, I can't fault them... but it didn't get them ready for playoff time. Could have easily lost in round one. 

The 04 and 08 teams were good, but I don't think it was an upset they didn't win either year. 

Just now, eers said:

The truth is the record this year was inflated because of playing a weak schedule. As I said before, coming off of an 0-10 season, I can't fault them... but it didn't get them ready for playoff time. Could have easily lost in round one. 

The 04 and 08 teams were good, but I don't think it was an upset they didn't win either year. 

Dude you've been hating on White House since I first got on coacht my freshman year of high school so I don't really care about your opinion as far as this thread goes.  Both the 04 and 08 teams had more than enough talent to win state but we flushed it down the toilet.  And if either of those teams wins it would've changed the whole program.  This team obviously had enough talent to at least make it to state considering they beat Springfield in the regular season.  I was mad after we lost to JSS because I thought we were better than them, but now I'm livid because I know for sure that we were better than Springfield and now they're playing for a goldball while we sit at home.  But everyone in White House is satisfied because we had an undefeated regular season and made it to the playoffs.  Woohooo go White House, way to be mediocre.  

7 minutes ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Dude you've been hating on White House since I first got on coacht my freshman year of high school so I don't really care about your opinion as far as this thread goes.  Both the 04 and 08 teams had more than enough talent to win state but we flushed it down the toilet.  And if either of those teams wins it would've changed the whole program.  This team obviously had enough talent to at least make it to state considering they beat Springfield in the regular season.  I was mad after we lost to JSS because I thought we were better than them, but now I'm livid because I know for sure that we were better than Springfield and now they're playing for a goldball while we sit at home.  But everyone in White House is satisfied because we had an undefeated regular season and made it to the playoffs.  Woohooo go White House, way to be mediocre.  

While it's not a secret I have no live loss for WH, what o said is factual. I said both of those teams were talented, but to say they should have won is a stretch. I can also say (with certainty) that the Springfield team WH played is not the springfield team that will be playing next Friday. 

Undefeated regular season with an easy schedule doesn't prepare you for the playoffs... ask Mount Juliet, same thing. 

11 minutes ago, eers said:

While it's not a secret I have no live loss for WH, what o said is factual. I said both of those teams were talented, but to say they should have won is a stretch. I can also say (with certainty) that the Springfield team WH played is not the springfield team that will be playing next Friday. 

Undefeated regular season with an easy schedule doesn't prepare you for the playoffs... ask Mount Juliet, same thing. 

Idk how it's a stretch to say we could've won state those years.  We lost to melrose in 04 by six points and they lost the state game by 1.  And then we lost to Knox Catholic in 08 by 7 and they went on to win state by ten.  Both losses came in the semifinals.  I agree White House's schedule this year was soft, but we still had enough talent to make it to state.  Yeah I've heard all about how Springfield is a different team.  I would've liked to watch White House beat them a second time if porter wouldn't have coached the 2nd round game away, but we'll just have to wait til next year I guess.  I wish porter the best; he's really good friends with my family, but I hope he will retire.  Once again congratulations to Springfield, If it couldn't be BDP in the state i'm glad that it was at least someone from our region.  Also eers, you're a douche.  

3 minutes ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Idk how it's a stretch to say we could've won state those years.  We lost to melrose in 04 by six points and they lost the state game by 1.  And then we lost to Knox Catholic in 08 by 7 and they went on to win state by ten.  Both losses came in the semifinals.  I agree White House's schedule this year was soft, but we still had enough talent to make it to state.  Yeah I've heard all about how Springfield is a different team.  I would've liked to watch White House beat them a second time if porter wouldn't have coached the 2nd round game away, but we'll just have to wait til next year I guess.  I wish porter the best; he's really good friends with my family, but I hope he will retire.  Once again congratulations to Springfield, If it couldn't be BDP in the state i'm glad that it was at least someone from our region.  Also eers, you're a douche.  

Not a stretch to say could have, just "should have".  You sound like a player that Jeff didn't let play too much. As far as your douche comment, you're a perfect example of why "bdp" annoys me every time I hear it and I have no love loss for WH. There's some fine people I know that live there and just as many arrogant blinded HS football fans. 

15 minutes ago, eers said:

Not a stretch to say could have, just "should have".  You sound like a player that Jeff didn't let play too much. As far as your douche comment, you're a perfect example of why "bdp" annoys me every time I hear it and I have no love loss for WH. There's some fine people I know that live there and just as many arrogant blinded HS football fans. 

Started almost every down my junior and senior year and played football in college.  I think playing college ball made me realize just how bad the coaching was at White House.  And I'm glad you hate BDP.  It makes me proud to be a former blue devil every time I hear someone say something negative about us.  You're probably a heritage fan or something lol.  No matter what I'll always love White House football.  I'm just supremely disappointed by this years finish to the season and everyone else who loves BDP should be too.  

1 minute ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Started almost every down my junior and senior year and played football in college.  I think playing college ball made me realize just how bad the coaching was at White House.  And I'm glad you hate BDP.  It makes me proud to be a former blue devil every time I hear someone say something negative about us.  You're probably a heritage fan or something lol.  No matter what I'll always love White House football.  I'm just supremely disappointed by this years finish to the season and everyone else who loves BDP should be too.  

We can agree that everyone should be disappointed with a loss, but all in all it was a good season. Be proud of that. The negative connotation really comes from the arrogance of unrealistic expectations.  While WH has had some success, they are not a dominate program in today's landscape.  It's just the way it is.

As far as coaching, it's unrealistic to compare most HS coaching to collegiate coaching. There is very little that correlates between the two, starting with the level of play and being able to recruit players. To bash Jeff Porter is ridiculous.

8 hours ago, eers said:

We can agree that everyone should be disappointed with a loss, but all in all it was a good season. Be proud of that. The negative connotation really comes from the arrogance of unrealistic expectations.  While WH has had some success, they are not a dominate program in today's landscape.  It's just the way it is.

As far as coaching, it's unrealistic to compare most HS coaching to collegiate coaching. There is very little that correlates between the two, starting with the level of play and being able to recruit players. To bash Jeff Porter is ridiculous.

Yes... another good season... "the greatest barrier to be great, is being good."  Being good makes you complacent, it makes you satisfied with being just above average and prevents and from achieving everything you're capable of achieving.  

It is not u realistic to compare coaching.  If I would've been coached in high school the way I was coached in college I would've been an all state player at least.  I swear the difference was astounding! If you think there's no room to bash coach porter then you obviously have never played for him.  

Once again, I love coach porter.  He's a great family friend (I get in arguments with my family about him often), a great community man, a great fundraiser! But as far as Xs and Os, he just doesn't have it. Bottom line.  Idk how the 90s guys feel about him, but any player I've talked to from 2003 and on will tell you the same thing.  

Edited by Copacanobra13