White House Football

Devil21

10 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I am late to the party and I am sure its been stated but why is a guy that has only had two losing seasons and has won over 200 games a bad coach. I'm not a WhiteHouse guy so I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I've seen them play several times over the years and always thought they over achieved personally.

I agree completely. I would say Porter has won a lot more games though his coaching than he's lost. 

20 hours ago, eers said:

Here's a thought... if everyone that has played for him feels the same way, why is there only one badmouthing him?

I'm not bad mouthing him, I complimented him on everything except being good with the actual coaching part.   A lot of people talk about it, but no one usually says it to people outside. I swear it's the best kept secret in high school sports history.  He's done good because he has good assistants (at least while I was there, I wouldn't really know now) and talent.  Just look at all the names mentioned in this thread, almost all of them have played under porter and there's a lot more really good players that weren't named.  I've invited former players (I know they're on here) to refute what I'm saying and none of them have.   

1 hour ago, Copacanobra13 said:

I'm not bad mouthing him, I complimented him on everything except being good with the actual coaching part.   A lot of people talk about it, but no one usually says it to people outside. I swear it's the best kept secret in high school sports history.  He's done good because he has good assistants (at least while I was there, I wouldn't really know now) and talent.  Just look at all the names mentioned in this thread, almost all of them have played under porter and there's a lot more really good players that weren't named.  I've invited former players (I know they're on here) to refute what I'm saying and none of them have.   

You are really naive to the actual talent level and downplaying the coaching. Now, I don't know whether that was Porter himself or the assistants, however as the HC he was responsible. If other feel the same as you do (that coaching has cost WH three state championships), I would assume someone else would chime in. IMO your claims have no merit, are unfounded and are off base. Eleven wins out of this group was incredible. 

7 hours ago, eers said:

You are really naive to the actual talent level and downplaying the coaching. Now, I don't know whether that was Porter himself or the assistants, however as the HC he was responsible. If other feel the same as you do (that coaching has cost WH three state championships), I would assume someone else would chime in. IMO your claims have no merit, are unfounded and are off base. Eleven wins out of this group was incredible. 

There's just really no way for me to explain or describe how it is at White House.  I think this is probably why no one ever says anything because they'd look stupid.  I understand that from the outside looking in I just seem like a crybaby who never saw the field or a parent of a kid who never saw the field, but I played a lot and I'm not a parent.  I'm just telling you how it is man, but I don't blame you for not taking my word for it.  I probably wouldn't believe me either if I were you.