District 9AA 2017-2018

buledievlpdrie

Well aware of the diff between 9AA and 10AA. We’ve played with and against all of these Nashville kids over the years during summer travel ball. I went to the Whites creek/ Greenbrier game and would have loved to play this Whites Creek team vs playing Last yrs Whites Creek team and losing to them by 10 in the 2nd rd of Region last yr. Timing is everything I guess. 

Ok let's all stop and be objective . East is a great team that at times doesn't look great . They have three players that can go off at any time .,I watched #2 single handily take over the Stratford game in the third quarter scoring from three driving the lane and finishing off the quarter with the step back three . You also have player of the year Canadiate who can jump defend shoot the three and take you off the dribble . #1 can get hot from 3 also and a great rebounder as  well . 9AA was way down but everyone says next year is the year . All the great players are leaving in 10AA and 9AA will be getting stronger . Won't believe it till I see it . They will still have athletes and 9AA won't . Sycamore 45 not a man yet if he keeps improving and gets stronger he could be an equalizer maybe . Sycamore has some great shooters . WH could find some chemistry could make a run a lot of sophomores played this year . Should be better because of it . They just don't have an identity right now . I think greenbrier loses their big 2 players not sure . Unless heritage transfers somebody in can't see them . Westy nope . Harpeth will be Harpeth . Chetham nope . Well let's just get east to the state 

• Like 1

Stratford hit a bunch of threes in the first half to stay close and East got really sloppy in the third as Stratford went on a 22-4 run. East fought back to within 2, but could never get over the hump. Refs seemed to let a lot of Stratford hand checking go and the foul disparity, especially in the first half, was surprising as Stratford aggressively pressed the entire game and East was in a 1-3-1 zone for most of the game. East losing to MLK screwed them.

16 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Well maybe tunderwood 5 was right. East just got eliminated by strattford. Man 30 and 2 and done for the year.

Yeah I knew that team couldn't shoot at all. Their defense only got them so far.. I don't know how they went undefeated for so long kinda blows my mind. Ready for next season now lol

It's kind of watching a team play once and can't throw it the ocean saying that can't shoot . Everybody has bad shooting nights and from what I heard Stratford hit some threes and to me they can't shoot eithier . But only saw them play twice . So really not sure on them . Stratford to me is all about # 1 and the bigs down low . Match up problems for most . 

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Tunderwood EN can shoot just fine. MLK played well at the end of the year and Stratford has been top 5 for awhile. Sounds to me like your a sore loser.

Congrats to Stratford and Coach Reed. Hate it for EN.

Nah I'm not a sore loser lol I'm just basing it off what I saw the one night they played. Just puzzles me how East went 30-2 and didn't make it to the region finals. My team lost early in regions fair and square. Yeah I keep hearing that east can shoot but like i said before that district plays elite defense and has great transition offense. Props to them for sweeping 9AA. 

Tunderwood I understand. I've seen EN play several times. They can shoot they just had a couple off nights and both times it cost them. They do play in a very athletic district so their transition game is very good and typically leads to a lot of points against less athletic teams. But against equally athletic teams I have seen EN shoot the lights out. Hate EN lost but congrats again to Stratford. Hopefully they make a good run.

• Like 1