District 9AA 2017-2018

buledievlpdrie

Went to Heritage vs Harpeth game. Great game by both. Lead changes throughout and both teams played hard. Heritage really spread out scoring first half while Harpeth was mostly #10. Second half was good game. Bench for both teams played well, no noticeable dropoff when they went in. Both teams could have played better but was still a good game. Very evenly matched. Heritage would get nod for individual size and ability but Harpeth made up for with hustle. Stand by my previous statement that these are clearly 1&2 and could go either way. Tournament in westmoreland may favor Heritage due to distance. Game was fun to watch. Officials poor as usual for both sides but that is the norm this year. Should be fun finish and tight tournament. Expect surprises from the middle of the pack. 

• Like 2

been a while.

I see everyone is evenly matched.

Other than probably finishing the regular season as the 1 and 2 seed....One can look at the scores and clearly see that it is not CLEAR they are 1&2 as harpeth has won 3/4 games by less than 3 points.

Anyone can win this district tournament and should be a good tournament. I will be looking forward to it as I follow district 9AA and 9AAA....

Good Luck to all, Don't count out White House, I have seen them compete with some of the better teams around here --they always seem poised to make tournament run......

Long hard drive for all the cheatham teams. Kind of a shame :/

See everyone at tourney time when i make my predictions!!!!

Not to restate the obvious, but the only team right now that can make the argument that Harp is number 1 or 2 would be Heritage. They are the ONLY one in district to beat them so far.  Scores mean nothing really, just W and L. Not sure how many of those games where comebacks or hang ons but they got the wins. Winning 90% of district games is pretty clear compared to 55.6%. Even if you played them close, beating them now would be an upset. Don’t get me wrong, district is pretty balanced and they are beatable.... but dang, if 9 wins 1 loss is not clear to those with almost as many losses as wins then not sure what is. Like i said, beatable, but you gotta give the 2 at top some props. They all play each other. Win by 50 or win by 1 in 4 ot’s still goes as a win. Close wins actually make you stronger when you don’t doubt the outcome as much. 

Sorry to go on.... but it seems pretty CLEAR  9:1 and 7:2 are the tops so far.  I like the enthusiasm for your home teams, but dannnngggg 9:1 and 7:2 vs 55% and below

Definitely give top two their props . Definitely shows you what defense can do for you . Heritage losses White House and harpeth . Not harpeth twice . Harpeth loss to heritage . Harpeth FINISHES 11-1 or 10-2 . Heritage just needs one win to secure 2nd . Coin flip for first with two wins and a harpeth loss . Only way they get in coin flip for third is two losses to greenbrier and sycamore and White House beats harpeth 

harpeth

heritage

whitehouse

greenbrier/sycamore.   4/5

CC

westmoreland

most likely end of season standings

2 hours ago, Justmee said:

Not to restate the obvious, but the only team right now that can make the argument that Harp is number 1 or 2 would be Heritage. They are the ONLY one in district to beat them so far.  Scores mean nothing really, just W and L. Not sure how many of those games where comebacks or hang ons but they got the wins. Winning 90% of district games is pretty clear compared to 55.6%. Even if you played them close, beating them now would be an upset. Don’t get me wrong, district is pretty balanced and they are beatable.... but dang, if 9 wins 1 loss is not clear to those with almost as many losses as wins then not sure what is. Like i said, beatable, but you gotta give the 2 at top some props. They all play each other. Win by 50 or win by 1 in 4 ot’s still goes as a win. Close wins actually make you stronger when you don’t doubt the outcome as much. 

Sorry to go on.... but it seems pretty CLEAR  9:1 and 7:2 are the tops so far.  I like the enthusiasm for your home teams, but dannnngggg 9:1 and 7:2 vs 55% and below

This guy gets it...

Both Harpeth and Heritage held serve winning on their home courts. Last night, the Harpeth crowd was definitely worth the 3-5 point difference. They're a different team at home. 

At 50-50, Heritage turned the ball over on 3 straight trips and Harpeth made 5 FTs. Ball game!

Props to the Harpeth kids, (10) and (14) that balled out... I think that they had 41 of the 55 points. 

Those two can really play and neither ever seem to force it .? Both players are prone to getting charges if you have players that will take the hit . You can't leave 14 open but too agressive he is buy you and has a good pull up . 10 is a beast on the offensive boards . Similar to Austin Douglas from CC a couple years ago not quite that good though . How did 11 play for them against greenbrier he hit a few threes and couple drives .,usually wears a long sleeve . This team just knows how to win . Two one point wins against sycamore 5 point win vs heritage 4 point win vs greenbrier 2 win vs White House in games decided by 6 or less 8-1 that one loss first game of season to father Ryan . True team . Main reason they are number 1

• Like 1

Not sure how 11 did against GB. It looked like he was sent to trainer during WHH game, so there was probably something going on there. He is one that can hit 3’s and occasionally drive in. 10 looks better against m2m where he can make someone overcommit. 14 can get hot for 3 and jumpers at any given time but probably needs more quick rests to stay fresh. Heritage looks very well rounded. Bigs guys varried load early then guards in second half.... looking forwrd to see if WH can take care of home court friday vs harp. Also looking to see how sycamore and GB finish out. Those two may surprise. I think next year westm and syc will be totally different as they are both young looking. Harp and Heritage will be retooling with several players being seniors but that has been case for several years and they seem to always have a good next up work ethic...once tourn starts anything goes, just depends on match ups. Rivalries and distance may prove the difference and could lead to upsets. 

On 1/20/2018 at 0:26 PM, jn2rons said:

Heritage

WH has a couple of young bigs, but their front court was dominated last night... in the 1st game earlier this yr... all three games last yr ... and even the yr before last vs Heritage.

Just like anyone, if the WH 3's are falling, they're tough to beat. Last night, our PG put the team on his back. He basically said, you shoot first and I'll shoot last. 

I have not seen yall play yet maybe this week?? schedule??

not a homer to any team in this district I have stated that many times but there are only 3 choices of mvp in this district and that is number 14 for harpeth 24 for heritage (stats havents seen play yet) and 5 for wh

14 is just a winner does anything needed to win and a matchup problem best team in district (record)

24 for heritage top 60 in state 244 (12.2 per) in scoring and top 50 in rebounds 127 (6.4 per) plus team record

5 for wh top ten in state in scoring 459 (21ppg) top 15 in state in assists 69 (3.1 per)  top 60 in state in rebounds 119 (5.5 per) LEADS STATE in steals 97 (4.4per) LEADS STATE in assist to turnover ratio 2.69

there is ZERO doubt number 5 for white house is the best player in the district, those are Mr. Basketball type numbers (trust I have been around a couple tennessee Mr. Basketball in my time in these numbers are similar if not better than some. BUT his team record is not that good which my cost him the mvp who knows. According to what I have been reading on this thread WH has no shot to win the regular season so if they can get to 2 or 3 is it good enough for him to win the mvp IDK. I saw if his team finishes 2nd it is if they finish 3rd ehhh... 

sorry I have no stats for number 14 guys, does anyone? As long as the seeding stays the same hard not to give this guy the MVP!

If 24 gets his team to first in the district then he is your MVP. 

The real question is if 5 gets his team to 2nd and 24 gets his team to 1st who wins it??

But do feel they are top 3

good luck fellas! see you come region time