Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

5 hours ago, TheStuff said:

You constantly gripe about the district/region LC is placed in "year in and year out". What do you propose? What would be the ideal region for LC since you are overly obsessed with who they match up with in region play. Have LC with Trousdale and Watertown out of 4, Waverly and Riverside out of 6, and Union City, Adamsville, and Peabody out of 7? Who cares about the mileage, really, it is all about stronger region schedule right? You want to chirp about how unfair it is that LC plays in the district/region they do "year in and year out" but your only proposal is an accusation against a Hall of Fame coach that he is the reason regions/districts are drawn the way they are. 

No substance to his argument...last realignment LC was in the same region with Waverly, Scotts Hill, and Riverside, along with Hickman Co. and East Hickman. Waverly and Scotts Hill met in the quarterfinals, after SH had just beaten the state #1 team in Adamsville, then Lewis County. Waverly took the state champion Trezevant Bears to the wire before being eliminated after a five point win over SH. To call that a "weak region" is ridiculous...it could be argued that it was one of the toughest regions in the state. Adamsville and Trinity were highly ranked, but one took an early exit to one of LC's region mates, and the other got traintracked by the same team that narrowly beat another of LC's region mates.

As for this year, I think that Lewis County will exit in the second round...I also think that ANY OTHER 2A TEAM IN THE STATE would do the same. I could be wrong, but the consensus is that Waverly should win the gold ball, and Lewis Co. does not control who they play or when.

Edited by tradertwo

3 hours ago, BAMABOY72 said:

The funny thing about them always putting down Coach Sharp is that this man has taken them to the playoffs way more than not, the quarterfinals like 5 or 6 times and the semifinals once I believe. I may be off a little because I played in Hickman County so I am not a LC statistician!!! LOL. Be careful what you wish for gentleman, because when he is gone, you may find out what you had. With that being said Waverly is going to be to much for Lewis County and anyone else they face this year, IMO and wins this one bye 3-4 TD's, I will be keeping up from Illinois as I did last Friday , because the RUT is on !!!

Lucky joker must be nice!!!

2 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

I hope y'all r right I still thinjs its going to be a close game

2 hours ago, Safesquezze said:

IF field conditions and weather are good I think Waverly will put 50+ points and probably give up around 30.

I might be wrong but I don't think Lewis will score more than 14. They definitely ain't going up the middle!

I'm going with 56-14. Coaches will finally clean up that defense that I can assure you. Idk if they make the changes this week but I think they will when they have too. When we went to trez last yr they changed up a lot of stuff. Coach has something up his sleeve and just waiting till the right time to use it.

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

i think wave people would agree they hope to play better than they against us. tougher D 

I don't think we played bad against ya'll, I just think ya'll threw a couple things at us early that we weren't prepared for, and we missed some tackles I think due to the field conditions and toughness of your running backs. I do wish we would come out this Friday ready to play from the start. If the rain don't leave us alone field conditions aren't gonna be any better this week than last.