Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

5 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Can't wait to play Waverly on the Mustang Magic Carpet next season. Fast surface with these great teams should be exciting. Both teams should be loaded. Hate to think what would have happened if y'all had recovered that onside kick this season!

Same here. Should be one heck of a showing!

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Only thing top notch is your coach. Without him y'all are right back where you've always been. You're facilities reflect the strength of your program.

Hit me up next time we play would love to meet a rude person like yourself! Unlike the rest of the Huntingdon posters you my friend are stupid 

12 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

Funny.. I guess that cowfield has done something right got r team going in the right direction . ur the first person that has said anything bad about Ray Hampton Stadium. Enjoy ur vacation. We still got stuff to take care of . now I wish they woulda scored 7 more points to hang 70 on yall

:D :D:popcorneater:

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Hit me up next time we play would love to meet a rude person like yourself! Unlike the rest of the Huntingdon posters you my friend are stupid 

I don't guess I should have put it that way but it is ignorant to say our stadium reflects our program which our place isn't that bad anyways. Plus General don't have anything else to do besides troll since his team got 60+ hung on them ha!

5 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Rude! You confuse rudeness with honesty. I played on that field in the late 60's. Bet those visitors bleachers were there then. If we can raise a million bucks for a field surely y'all can add decent bleachers. Do you not have any community support? I tried to help by eating that fine catfish dinner y'all served. Y'all can do better!  

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Rude! You confuse rudeness with honesty. I played on that field in the late 60's. Bet those visitors bleachers were there then. If we can raise a million bucks for a field surely y'all can add decent bleachers. Do you not have any community support? I tried to help by eating that fine catfish dinner y'all served. Y'all can do better!  

Actually, no one played on that field in the late 60's because until 1970 WCHS played its home games at the old high school.  The current field served as our practice field from 1966 (the year the new school opened) - 1969.  I played 1967 - 1970 for Waverly Central and was co-captain in 1970 which was Coach Trotter's final year to coach the football team.   

3 minutes ago, CABacker said:

Actually, no one played on that field in the late 60's because until 1970 WCHS played its home games at the old high school.  The current field served as our practice field from 1966 (the year the new school opened) - 1969.  I played 1967 - 1970 for Waverly Central and was co-captain in 1970 which was Coach Trotter's final year to coach the football team.   

Mustangs scrimmaged y'all I think in 67 & 68 I think. Seems like the same field. At least the same area. We were pretty good then. We played against each other. Seems y'all had a good running back. I know I chased him around the secondary all day. We lost 3 in 67 undefeated in 68.  Your coaches dad grew up down the street from me in Huntingdon. I know a lot of stories!

36 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Those are the same stands that were there when I played late 80s - late 90s youth through highschool so I can agree with you on that but I took it as if you was saying we have a crappy place which isn't true. I wish we had a place like Huntingdon but we dont. 

7 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs scrimmaged y'all I think in 67 & 68 I think. Seems like the same field. At least the same area. We were pretty good then. We played against each other. Seems y'all had a good running back. I know I chased him around the secondary all day. We lost 3 in 67 undefeated in 68.  Your coaches dad grew up down the street from me in Huntingdon. I know a lot of stories!

We probably did have our scrimmage at the practice field.  The actual field opened in 1970.  I remember scrimmaging Lexington and Fort Campbell but the Huntingdon scrimmage I remember was at Huntingdon.  I am old and have probably forgotten when youll scrimmaged at Waverly.  Youll were a very good team.  I remember going to Lexington to scrimmage.  We had maybe 30 players.  We went out on the field to warm up as Lexington started running on the field and we had almost completed our warmup when they had all gotten on the field!  We ended up tying them in that scrimmage 0-0. That was 1968.