Whitwell @ Gordonsville

TigerfootballFan

2 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Yes it does he is a very good QB he reminds me a lot of Walters 

He’s not as fast, elusive or does he have as strong an arm as Walters.  He is a top notch player and Coalfield lives or dies by him but he’s not on that level.  A.J. Long is the only qb I have seen in person who was better than Walt.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, 10bears said:

He’s not as fast, elusive or does he have as strong an arm as Walters.  He is a top notch player and Coalfield lives or dies by him but he’s not on that level.  A.J. Long is the only qb I have seen in person who was better than Walt.  Just my opinion.

I think Walt was more elusive but McKinney has a better arm imo. But saying hes not on that level is funny. 

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Whitwell has a good team, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Comparing someone to all of 1A is a big statement. Let's see it done over a long period of time before we start annointing people. Coach Peek has done it at a high level for a very long time. A lot of great coaches out there never get to actually coach a really good team.

I didnt say he was the best Bass, I said one of the best. He has done a good job this year . Peek is very good as well. 

4 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I didnt say he was the best Bass, I said one of the best. He has done a good job this year . Peek is very good as well. 

Coley has A LOT to prove before he's considered even remotely close to the best DC in 1-A. He has a resume that's not even 1/10 the size of some DC in 1-A football. I can tell whitwell hasn't had this kind of success  since before social media was even thought of because they have no idea how to act. Win 10 games in a watered down 1-A east TN and the whole community acts like it's Superbowl bound.. stop.. whitwell has a great thing going right now.. but this is the first year in 25 that they have been relevant. There's plenty of reasons to be happy and joyful for these guys. They deserve it. But come on. Some of the stuff I hear is just outlandish and redicilous. Whitwell will win huge this week. And then it gets very interesting from then on. 

Gordonsville posters, our rushing game Is much better than Gville. And whitwell is about to give you a wake up call Friday because if the RB rushes for more than 80 I'll be extremely shocked.

Edited by CastIronHero

7 hours ago, 10bears said:

Not that level? What level? This kid from coalfied has awesome arm strength. You must not have watched Terrell Robinson. 

1 hour ago, CastIronHero said:

Coley has A LOT to prove before he's considered even remotely close to the best DC in 1-A. He has a resume that's not even 1/10 the size of some DC in 1-A football. I can tell whitwell hasn't had this kind of success  since before social media was even thought of because they have no idea how to act. Win 10 games in a watered down 1-A east TN and the whole community acts like it's Superbowl bound.. stop.. whitwell has a great thing going right now.. but this is the first year in 25 that they have been relevant. There's plenty of reasons to be happy and joyful for these guys. They deserve it. But come on. Some of the stuff I hear is just outlandish and redicilous. Whitwell will win huge this week. And then it gets very interesting from then on. 

Gordonsville posters, our rushing game Is much better than Gville. And whitwell is about to give you a wake up call Friday because if the RB rushes for more than 80 I'll be extremely shocked.

I get what you are saying but they are just starting thier coaching careers. Experience counts of coarse, but can you really bang your chest when you have spent 20+ yrs in the smallest classification in one of the weaker states for high school football?  No disrespect intended but no matter how you look at it they are all on the first step of the coaching ladder. 

2 minutes ago, BrianGriffin said:

I get what you are saying but they are just starting thier coaching careers. Experience counts of coarse, but can you really bang your chest when you have spent 20+ yrs in the smallest classification in one of the weaker states for high school football?  No disrespect intended but no matter how you look at it they are all on the first step of the coaching ladder. 

Do you think that there's anything that can be done by a coach about the number of people that live in a community and number of kids that those people have?? Because that's what determines a classification. Numbers. Not talent. When you take what your given year in and year out and win with it, and play for a state title in almost every decade since the 60s, yes, you can beat your chest all you want. Ask the 10+ teams from 2A to 6A that came to little ole South Pittsburg over the past 10 years if they respect the program regardless of classification. Winners get respect when they do it consistently. Not once every 25 years. That's all I'm saying. And as far as the coaching statement, Coley has accomplished a lot, and is doing big things for whitwell, but some of this stuff is just out of left field.

15 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Do you think that there's anything that can be done by a coach about the number of people that live in a community and number of kids that those people have?? Because that's what determines a classification. Numbers. Not talent. When you take what your given year in and year out and win with it, and play for a state title in almost every decade since the 60s, yes, you can beat your chest all you want. Ask the 10+ teams from 2A to 6A that came to little ole South Pittsburg over the past 10 years if they respect the program regardless of classification. Winners get respect when they do it consistently. Not once every 25 years. That's all I'm saying. And as far as the coaching statement, Coley has accomplished a lot, and is doing big things for whitwell, but some of this stuff is just out of left field.

SP is a unique situation with talent levels for such a small school. Not as much last few years, but coaching in SP is better right now than any time in my lifetime because of the assistants. Agree or not many times in Vic’s first stint you could have switched coaching staffs and SP still wins 95% just on talent difference alone. Not knocking SP, great program. My point in my opinion Is career related some people stay some people move up, but can you truly say Vic is the best coach in his own city?  To me you can’t as long as a CFL coach lives there too. 

Edited by BrianGriffin

5 minutes ago, BrianGriffin said:

SP is a unique situation with talent levels for such a small school. Not as much last few years, but not knocking program. My point in my opinion Is career related some people stay some people move up, but can you truly say Vic is the best coach in his own city?  To me you can’t as long as a CFL coach lives there too. 

That's Coach Grider to you young grasshopper. You guys are doing a great job at Whitwell though. You should be a proud of how well your team is playing. 

I know Chris well. Very happy for him. He's a true story of making dreams come true.  And there's a coach on the staff at SP right now that's undefeated against Grider. As far as Vic moving up and a career choice to be at SP, look at what he has done and the Legacy his family has created. Why leave that. He also coached his Girl in softball the last few years, so that was another reason for him to stay. 

25 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

I know Chris well. Very happy for him. He's a true story of making dreams come true.  And there's a coach on the staff at SP right now that's undefeated against Grider. As far as Vic moving up and a career choice to be at SP, look at what he has done and the Legacy his family has created. Why leave that. He also coached his Girl in softball the last few years, so that was another reason for him to stay. 

Yeah me too, proud of him and his accomplishments. Again no disrespect to coach Grider, just trying to bring perspective. To each his own. Oh yeah, the mini skillet tree ornaments are out, better hurry before they are gone. Lol

Edited by BrianGriffin