Whitwell @ Gordonsville

TigerfootballFan

18 minutes ago, RTD said:

I’m sorry but must have seen a different blue and white team that came to the creekbank and played TC because none of that describes the Gordonsville Defense I seen especially physical but go ahead and play bump and run defense and you’ll Gordonsville DB will be looking at the back of whitwell skill positions players back a lot on Friday night 

Talking about the Whitwell Tigers. I'm a Whitwell fan. I think Whitwell wins big.

6 hours ago, RTD said:

Maybe the clay co game but the TC wasn’t never close it wasn’t hard to tell who was the better team and TC had 3 starters at skill positions that didn’t even play until you see what whitwell is all about then you will understand why some people are say whitwell by 3-5 TD’s I think you will be surprised with how good whitwell is they aren’t a flashy team just a tuff hard nosed team that plays hard and that has speed on defense and offense they match up very well and controlled TC speed and surprisingly has as just much speed as TC and I know the problems Gordonsville OL has playing against speed on defense Gordonsville will have a very hard time moving the ball Friday night 

Whitwell has a lot of speed all over the field. They have 5-6 players that would start for anyone. 

5 hours ago, GVille89 said:

I see all this talk on here talking about how great whitwells defense is but I don’t think they have played a run game like ours and I was talking with the HC who is very good at finding a weakness on teams and exposing them and from the sounds of it he is very confident. And are whitwells “studs” that good or just lack of competition they play? 

The South Pittsburg rushing attack is much better than Gordonsville's rushing attack. Those Whitwell "studs" would all start for South Pittsburg so take it for what it's worth. 

4 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I'm sure he feels confident. We believe here at Whitwell that Coach Coley is one of the better DC's in 1A. I have been impressed with how he gameplans every week. SP and TC have better run games than Gordy. Coach Coley will have the defense ready without a doubt. I guess you will find out about those "Studs" Friday night.

Whitwell has a good team, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Comparing someone to all of 1A is a big statement. Let's see it done over a long period of time before we start annointing people. Coach Peek has done it at a high level for a very long time. A lot of great coaches out there never get to actually coach a really good team.

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, GVille89 said:

We will bring it our boys are more ready for this game than y’all think. Don’t forget me saying this when I’m right

You're not even from Gordonsville. LMBO... another fake account made by a Whitwell fan/coach to fire up the team. LMBO.. You boys don't need the extra motivation. Everyone knows Whitwell wants to take down SP. You will get your chance. Gordonsville has no chance to stop you. 

DHt3FzBXcAA05fA.jpg

Whitwell wins at least 28. They play man up with no safety help on defense. They are very aggressive on defense. Gordonsville does not have a passing game to cause them problems. If Whitwell were to win in the third round I think a nightmare matchup for them would be Coalfield because of the above average passing attack. 

Edited by powerp

3 minutes ago, powerp said:

DHt3FzBXcAA05fA.jpg

Whitwell wins at least 28. They play man up with no safety help on defense. They are very aggressive on defense. Gordonsville does not have a passing game to cause them problems. If Whitwell were to win in the third round I think a nightmare matchup for them would be Coalfield because of the above average passing attack. 

I totally agree with you. I'm not sure any of us would beat Coalfield, but that game would be a horrible matchup for Whitwell because of the way they put everyone up on the line. Whitwell will mercy rule Gordonsville on Friday at The Jungle!

Edited by TheAmbassador

7 minutes ago, powerp said:

DHt3FzBXcAA05fA.jpg

If McKinney is healthy that above average passing attack goes up a notch.