Austin East vs Johnson County

Horn1

2 hours ago, Horn1 said:

We are playing basketball now.  But A-E thinks they can beat alcoa that means we can too because we should have won that game.  I think gap is closing between region 1 and region 2.  Should be quite a season next year for jc as well with alot of the team returning.

Good luck with basketball season. Alcoa should be pretty good next year as well. Not sure about the gap closing. I think if JC was in Region 2 this year, they might have been a 4th place team, maybe 3rd. However, I would have taken Kingston over JC. So, I’ll go with 4th. That’s pretty good tho!! 

5 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Good luck with basketball season. Alcoa should be pretty good next year as well. Not sure about the gap closing. I think if JC was in Region 2 this year, they might have been a 4th place team, maybe 3rd. However, I would have taken Kingston over JC. So, I’ll go with 4th. That’s pretty good tho!! 

West greene had about 12 kids out in that game with kingston.  Pretty much jv team.  Ae beat most of those teams by 30 and so did alcoa.  Jc probably finishes 3rd.  Alcoa still has the best team and should win rematch.  Ae probably a year away, not enough seniors.  Good team tho

Well I've been reading the post following  the JC and AE game, it amazes me how people try and compare region 1 and region 2. We have what 3 feeder schools into 1 middle school for 1 High School what is there to compare? AE may be in the same classification as JC, but seriously has an advantage as far as talent pools. So that region should be better year in and out, but everything in small communities runs in cycles. Stop compairing regions until you fully understand what your talking about. Where was this talk the last 13 years when Hampton and Cloudland was spanking region 2 consistantly. I believe this is the first year in a lllooonnnggg time Hampton hasn't made the quarterfinals. Get ready for the new cycle out of region 1 and its called The Longhorn Nation!!!

Edited by Horn2

34 minutes ago, Horn2 said:

Well I've been reading the post following  the JC and AE game, it amazes me how people try and compare region 1 and region 2. We have what 3 feeder schools into 1 middle school for 1 High School what is there to compare? AE may be in the same classification as JC, but seriously has an advantage as far as talent pools. So that region should be better year in and out, but everything in small communities runs in cycles. Stop compairing regions until you fully understand what your talking about. Where was this talk the last 13 years when Hampton and Cloudland was spanking region 2 consistantly. I believe this is the first year in a lllooonnnggg time Hampton hasn't made the quarterfinals. Get ready for the new cycle out of region 1 and its called The Longhorn Nation!!!

Tell me about this Cloudland team that spanked region 2???What year?Maybe 15 years ago??GB hasnt lost to them nor has Coalbucket.

Hampton in 05,06,07 and 15 we're pretty good Cloudland only beat Midway in 05 and 2012 and then last year they beat Harriman that's the only region 2 teams they can say they've beaten in the past 14 years.

And unless horn1 has got him a set of braces that would be the only Gap that would be closing,as far as region 1 and 2 is concerned NOT!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Tell me about this Cloudland team that spanked region 2???What year?Maybe 15 years ago??GB hasnt lost to them nor has Coalbucket.

Hampton in 05,06,07 and 15 we're pretty good Cloudland only beat Midway in 05 and 2012 and then last year they beat Harriman that's the only region 2 teams they can say they've beaten in the past 14 years.

And unless horn1 has got him a set of braces that would be the only Gap that would be closing,as far as region 1 and 2 is concerned NOT!

Can't speak for hampton or clouland or hv. But jc will return.  Clouland should be pretty darn good next year,  they have a young team that is well coached.  Playoff experience killed jc this year.  Jc coaches and players will learn from their mistakes.  I agree region 2 does play on a higher level with very good athletes but jc with tough hard nose mtn boys will adjust and soon over take.  Go horns

Just now, Horn1 said:

Can't speak for hampton or clouland or hv. But jc will return.  Clouland should be pretty darn good next year,  they have a young team that is well coached.  Playoff experience killed jc this year.  Jc coaches and players will learn from their mistakes.  I agree region 2 does play on a higher level with very good athletes but jc with tough hard nose mtn boys will adjust and soon over take.  Go horns

One thing we learned is our mistakes beat us not ae.  Ae can run tho

9 hours ago, Horn2 said: