EAGLEVILLE @ COLUMBIA ACADEMY Region 5 Rematch

GeneralForrest

4 hours ago, youngod said:

I don't like to make predictions.  I like to talk strengthens and weaknesses.  Some on here that make predictions kill me. You might say why one team is favored over another but  predicting  like some of you guys do is just juvenile.  

We played well against SH.  They are a 4A school.  We are 1A playing up in 2A this year.  Halftime score was 14-6.  3rd qtr remained close (within 1 score) In the 4th quarter SH dominated.  They just wore us down.  They dressed like 80+ kids.  They had an offensive team and a defensive team.  We had kids playing both ways and in the end, they just had more depth.

We started a freshman QB.  So considering all things, we were pleased with our play.  I don't know of one person on the CA side of the field who was disappointed with how we performed.  Were we expected to win....no.  Did we play well all things considered?  Absolutely.  

As we get into the playoffs, no team is going to have it easy.  We're not looking past Friday night.  We'll be ready for Eagleville and we expect a tough game.  I won't rag on Eagleville.  They have a good team.  

Just because you don't like to make the "prediction" doesn't make it juvenile. It's all in fun we are not experts! As I think Eagleville will win this because I think .CA is over looking them I'm kinda hoping .CA wins and hopefully we will win Friday also. That  10A vs -1A crap ain't cutting it with me! We will see where we are at Saturday morning and then let the debate start. 

5 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Just because you don't like to make the "prediction" doesn't make it juvenile. It's all in fun we are not experts! As I think Eagleville will win this because I think .CA is over looking them I'm kinda hoping .CA wins and hopefully we will win Friday also. That  10A vs -1A crap ain't cutting it with me! We will see where we are at Saturday morning and then let the debate start. 

When you haven't seen a team play, to sit behind your computer and you predict some wild score then yes I think it is juvenile.  That's just my opinion.  You don't have to agree.  I realize some of it is in fun, but some of you guys on here take it so serious.  Maybe you are not one.  

What makes you think CA is overlooking them?   See, I think that is an ignorant statement (notice I said statement, I am not calling you ignorant).  Where are you getting that from?  Have you heard a coach talking?  Have you been to a practice?  Have you seen something written in the paper that says so?  Im at a lot of the practices.  You are crazy if you think anyone is looking past Eagleville.  I have said it before and I will say it again .  They have a very good team.  #12 is a great player.  

As far as the A classifications is concerned, how many teams do you know that have moved up in a classification and have dominated it in their division?  We dress maybe 40 kids.  A lot of younger players who have yet to see varsity playing time.  When you play someone like SH and they are dressing 80+ have a defensive team and an offensive team versus kids who have to play both ways, you can t tell me fresh players don't make a difference.  

CA is playing one game at a time.  Our guys came in a little over confident against Hickman County and it showed in the first half.  After they realized that they were in a ball game they got serious in the second half and took control.  I promise you they will not be over confident or overlooking Eagleville.

4 hours ago, youngod said:

When you haven't seen a team play, to sit behind your computer and you predict some wild score then yes I think it is juvenile.  That's just my opinion.  You don't have to agree.  I realize some of it is in fun, but some of you guys on here take it so serious.  Maybe you are not one.  

What makes you think CA is overlooking them?   See, I think that is an ignorant statement (notice I said statement, I am not calling you ignorant).  Where are you getting that from?  Have you heard a coach talking?  Have you been to a practice?  Have you seen something written in the paper that says so?  Im at a lot of the practices.  You are crazy if you think anyone is looking past Eagleville.  I have said it before and I will say it again .  They have a very good team.  #12 is a great player.  

As far as the A classifications is concerned, how many teams do you know that have moved up in a classification and have dominated it in their division?  We dress maybe 40 kids.  A lot of younger players who have yet to see varsity playing time.  When you play someone like SH and they are dressing 80+ have a defensive team and an offensive team versus kids who have to play both ways, you can t tell me fresh players don't make a difference.  

CA is playing one game at a time.  Our guys came in a little over confident against Hickman County and it showed in the first half.  After they realized that they were in a ball game they got serious in the second half and took control.  I promise you they will not be over confident or overlooking Eagleville.

How about I just leave it alone so we don't take up 50 pages. Hopefully our teams will meet next week even with me sitting behind my computer eating Twinkies and making bogus predictions. But I still say Eagleville wins!

Edited by vandyfan1

14 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

How about I just leave it alone so we don't take up 50 pages. Hopefully our teams will meet next week even with me sitting behind my computer eating Twinkies and making bogus predictions. But I still say Eagleville wins!

Cool, but I thought that's what this forum was all about.  

Why don't you explain why you think CA is overlooking Eagleville?  I am curious as to why or how you can say that.  After all, you did make the comment.

And I wasn't necessarily talking about you.  I was talking in generality.  BTW,  Twinkies are good but they are not the same since Hostess was sold off!

Edited by youngod

some general comments

- basketball participation would not preclude kids from doing football workouts. nor are they similar in terms of spring football vs basketball camp. that dog dont hunt. the kids that came back late were allowed to come back cos of their talent. Not saying our school wouldnt have done it also. i honestly dont know Johns, nor his stance on that. it's a tough spot for a coach to be in when a good athlete suddenly decides to return. let him back and some will be upset. deny him and others will be upset. I am not judging that. 

- i think CA had a great season. win or lose this week. 

- CA's result with Spring Hill was admirable. SH is a tough team that has improved over the last 2 years a lot. They have athletes. No shame in losing to them. 

- Both CA and Eagleville seem to have improved as the season went on. thats good coaching

- right now Forrest would play both those teams close. they did it once and I truly believe they would have a chance to beat either team.  that said, they are both playing and we arent, so hats off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngod said:

Cool, but I thought that's what this forum was all about.  

Why don't you explain why you think CA is overlooking Eagleville?  I am curious as to why or how you can say that.  After all, you did make the comment.

And I wasn't necessarily talking about you.  I was talking in generality.  BTW,  Twinkies are good but they are not the same since Hostess was sold off!

The reason for me thinking that is because of the score in your game last week but in the other hand I'm not a fan of basing ignorant predictions off of score but that's all I have to go by. Also bulldawg comments about your first meeting and the one tomorrow. Heck yall might win by 50 points if you do congrats you will get the winner of wavo and lewy. I honestly want you guys to win and hopefully we can pull one out also. Would be a good week of respectful trash talk. 

• Like 1

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

The reason for me thinking that is because of the score in your game last week but in the other hand I'm not a fan of basing ignorant predictions off of score but that's all I have to go by. Also bulldawg comments about your first meeting and the one tomorrow. Heck yall might win by 50 points if you do congrats you will get the winner of wavo and lewy. I honestly want you guys to win and hopefully we can pull one out also. Would be a good week of respectful trash talk. 

We haven't had that in a while!

40 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

The reason I predict the score the way I did was based off how I saw our two teams play last time. The score didn’t represent the domination that CA had against eagleville, and I believe if they come out tomorrow night and play the way they know best, they can and will win big. But there are no guarantees. I am just very confident in my team. Always have been, and I never doubt the game plan that Coach Lansdell puts in place for each game. I mean, since he has become the head coach of CA (this is his fifth season) he’s only lost 3 regular season games, and made it to the quarterfinals or better every year he’s been here, even when it seemed like we would be outgunned talent wise. I believe they will dominate in this game and get to take on Waverly next week. And despite what ambassador says, I believe that CA and Waverly are the best two teams in state, and next week (if it happens) will be a great game. I don’t mean disrespect with my comments. I am just very confident in my team. Especially the one this year. You can tell just by watching them that the difference from last year is much more than just talent. It’s heart. A will to win. 

12 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

The reason I predict the score the way I did was based off how I saw our two teams play last time. The score didn’t represent the domination that CA had against eagleville, and I believe if they come out tomorrow night and play the way they know best, they can and will win big. But there are no guarantees. I am just very confident in my team. Always have been, and I never doubt the game plan that Coach Lansdell puts in place for each game. I mean, since he has become the head coach of CA (this is his fifth season) he’s only lost 3 regular season games, and made it to the quarterfinals or better every year he’s been here, even when it seemed like we would be outgunned talent wise. I believe they will dominate in this game and get to take on Waverly next week. And despite what ambassador says, I believe that CA and Waverly are the best two teams in state, and next week (if it happens) will be a great game. I don’t mean disrespect with my comments. I am just very confident in my team. Especially the one this year. You can tell just by watching them that the difference from last year is much more than just talent. It’s heart. A will to win. 

"much more than just talent. It’s heart. A will to win."

I can tell you for a fact this is one of the reasons CA is doing well this year.  I have a good relationship with a lot of the players especially some of the younger ones.  I helped coach them in youth league.  In talking with one player (starter) in particular, he said to me "you know what the difference between this year and last year was?"  I asked what and he said "we want to win".   Now, that took me a little off guard, but I can concur there is a different attitude this year.  I don't see any "me's" on the team.  It's a team!  They are unselfish and only want to see the team succeed.  I was skeptical like a lot of others about stepping up into 2A but I think in retrospect it has been good for our program.  

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I don't doubt that last week we went into the game looking ahead. So with Hickman I believe that may be true.  I don't think anyone can say that about Eagleville.  We scrimmaged Hickman early in the season.  It wasn't even close!!!  I think our boys walked into last Friday night thinking it was going to be a cake walk until they realized that Hickman was playing to win.  Look at the score the 2nd half and think you will see when they woke up.