EAGLEVILLE @ COLUMBIA ACADEMY Region 5 Rematch

GeneralForrest

8 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

youdve beaten spring hill too right

Yes lmbo. Our starting quarterback got injured in the first half week 1 against Nashville Christian. So our jv freshmen quarterback started against Spring Hill. He just didn’t have the experience quite yet to go up against a school like Spring Hill. Our current quarterback (who’s a senior) came to the team forest week after not playing last season. 

I just don't think it's right for "a bunch of players" to come back after the season starts and get to play. I realize life's not always fair, but what a slap in the face to the players that showed up for practices and workouts in 90+ degree heat during the summer.  The guys that came back during the season took a shortcut in my book.

25 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

I just don't think it's right for "a bunch of players" to come back after the season starts and get to play. I realize life's not always fair, but what a slap in the face to the players that showed up for practices and workouts in 90+ degree heat during the summer.  The guys that came back during the season took a shortcut in my book.

All of the players that joined the team to my knowledge were basketball players so they were doing a lot of the same workouts over the summer as the football players. Not the same practices of course, but they came in and still worked for their positions. 

6 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

All of the players that joined the team to my knowledge were basketball players so they were doing a lot of the same workouts over the summer as the football players. Not the same practices of course, but they came in and still worked for their positions. 

All about perspective...I'm with EHSEagles on this one. I wouldn't refuse to let them on the team, but they'd have to work their way back, and we aren't talking about a week either. Two a day's in 90+ heat equals commitment, and strolling in in week 5 does not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

The quarterback, the TE, a couple corners, a couple linebackers and a receiver came midseason

Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.  

The senior QB came back and another player who is playing corner/receiver.  Both are basketball players, yes.

How do I know?  Because my son is that freshman QB.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

All about perspective...I'm with EHSEagles on this one. I wouldn't refuse to let them on the team, but they'd have to work their way back, and we aren't talking about a week either. Two a day's in 90+ heat equals commitment, and strolling in in week 5 does not.

They came after the Spring Hill game, so week 3.

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

youdve beaten spring hill too right

I don't like to make predictions.  I like to talk strengthens and weaknesses.  Some on here that make predictions kill me. You might say why one team is favored over another but  predicting  like some of you guys do is just juvenile.  

We played well against SH.  They are a 4A school.  We are 1A playing up in 2A this year.  Halftime score was 14-6.  3rd qtr remained close (within 1 score) In the 4th quarter SH dominated.  They just wore us down.  They dressed like 80+ kids.  They had an offensive team and a defensive team.  We had kids playing both ways and in the end, they just had more depth.

We started a freshman QB.  So considering all things, we were pleased with our play.  I don't know of one person on the CA side of the field who was disappointed with how we performed.  Were we expected to win....no.  Did we play well all things considered?  Absolutely.  

As we get into the playoffs, no team is going to have it easy.  We're not looking past Friday night.  We'll be ready for Eagleville and we expect a tough game.  I won't rag on Eagleville.  They have a good team.