Fairview versus Pearl-Cohn 3rd Round

FBfan26

5 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

You should have seen our game with Maplewood. That whole crew was not qualified to officiate.  

Do you know where three crew was out of?? The crew at the PC game was out of Jackson and was totally inept in terms of Over officiating, officials talking down to players on both sides, officials instigating conversations with coaches, and totally disrupting the flow of the game.

14 minutes ago, Gerry Bertier said:

Do you know where three crew was out of?? The crew at the PC game was out of Jackson and was totally inept in terms of Over officiating, officials talking down to players on both sides, officials instigating conversations with coaches, and totally disrupting the flow of the game.

When it gets this deep into the playoffs, the refs need to check their attitude at the gate. It's about the TEAMS not about YOU(ref), let the teams play. Call the game fairly on both sides. You(ref} can call hold every play if you force the issue. BUT, NO ONE wants that type game! If a hold helps  gain yardage, call it. IF it has no bearing or way out side the play, Keep it in your pocket! If you screw up make it right, everyone makes mistakes. If a team is getting beat soundly, it not your job to "TRY" and help them out. These Players where out in 90+ degree weather in the middle of the summer working their butt off, they deserve a well ref'ed game. 

34 minutes ago, Gerry Bertier said:

I have no idea Gerry.  If you have hudl watch the game. It was horrible with all the extra stuff that was going on after the whistle. I have never been more pissed off about a win in my life. Ended up costing us a back because of it. I am livid!

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

When it gets this deep into the playoffs, the refs need to check their attitude at the gate. It's about the TEAMS not about YOU(ref), let the teams play. Call the game fairly on both sides. You(ref} can call hold every play if you force the issue. BUT, NO ONE wants that type game! If a hold helps  gain yardage, call it. IF it has no bearing or way out side the play, Keep it in your pocket! If you screw up make it right, everyone makes mistakes. If a team is getting beat soundly, it not your job to "TRY" and help them out. These Players where out in 90+ degree weather in the middle of the summer working their butt off, they deserve a well ref'ed game. 

67odh4.gif

1 minute ago, leadfarmer said:

I have no idea Gerry.  If you have hudl watch the game. It was horrible with all the extra stuff that was going on after the whistle. I have never been more pissed off about a win in my life. Ended up costing us a back because of it. I am livid!

Lead that's how I felt last night. I was mad about our win. No disrespect to Fairview but it's no way that game should've been that close at halftime. White hat ref tried his best to keep Fairview In that game. 

Our refs were from Springfield and they let MW staff talk to them on the field all night- no sideline warnings at all! Those refs were scared of Maplewood and let it get way out of hand! When you have on helmets with visor and they are still gouging and poking players eyes out- refs need to diffuse that situation early you flag them and let them know it can’t keep happening! Yet you let it go on all night and our players flat on their back shoves MW player off and gets ejected! I’m disappointed and disgusted by these refs and have lost all respect for Maplewood and I’ve been quite for 3 years about them but to be threatened during and after a game on our home field! Pay for extra security because “ they are coming for us”- have all the cops in town there- our police shouldn’t have to be at a high school football game because of 20 players and 20 fans trying to start a fight! Thank Goodness our police were there already and our coaches acted fast to diffuse the situation! Tssaa it’s time to do something about this! I’m a loyal Tiger fan of 40 plus years and never felt so threatened like last night! Been all over Tennessee to watch my Tigers play- but scared at a home playoff game is utterly ridiculous!

2 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Lead that's how I felt last night. I was mad about our win. No disrespect to Fairview but it's no way that game should've been that close at halftime. White hat ref tried his best to keep Fairview In that game. 

I disagree with that statement.  The white hat went as far as to add time back to the clock and give Pearl-Cohn their fourth timeout after the other one apparently was refunded.  Also on Fairview's previous series the QB #1 scrambled for about 20 yards on 3rd down and the flag was thrown for holding 10 yards behind the play.  

The white hat and the side judge were "Pro Pearl-Cohn" if anything.  I would expect a formal letter regarding the end of the 1st half from the administration at FHS if I were at the TSSAA headquarters next week.  

59 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I disagree with that statement.  The white hat went as far as to add time back to the clock and give Pearl-Cohn their fourth timeout after the other one apparently was refunded.  Also on Fairview's previous series the QB #1 scrambled for about 20 yards on 3rd down and the flag was thrown for holding 10 yards behind the play.  

The white hat and the side judge were "Pro Pearl-Cohn" if anything.  I would expect a formal letter regarding the end of the 1st half from the administration at FHS if I were at the TSSAA headquarters next week.  

Get outta here with that!! Pro PC if the refs didn't hold us back we probably would've put 70 on the board. 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

24 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Get outta here with that!! Pro PC if the refs didn't hold us back we probably would've put 70 on the board. 

Nope sorry buddy.  That wasn't happening.  You using the officials as an excuse is comical.  Pearl-Cohn is the better football team and deserved to win in the end.  If you act like the officials were against you though then you've lost your mind.

But as I've stated repeatedly Pearl-Cohn was the better football team when it mattered most.  Midway through the third quarter it was anyone's contest.  From that point forward the Firebirds went on a tear.  They are a special football team.  Coach Brunetti winning his 100th game puts hu in the conversation with an elite group as far as Metro coaches are concerned.  Elrod, Aydelott, Anderson, Pigue, Fitzgerald, etc.  It's not a long list of coaches in MNPS who've won 100+ games.  Pearl-Cohn has also been to the State Semifinals in four consecutive years.  That's impressive.

25 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Nope sorry buddy.  That wasn't happening.  You using the officials as an excuse is comical.  Pearl-Cohn is the better football team and deserved to win in the end.  If you act like the officials were against you though then you've lost your mind.

Penalty yards will tell you everything, I bet PC had way more against them.

Edited by FIREBIRD80