Brighton @ Henry County

HCBigRed

7 minutes ago, Fan15 said:

I don't know if either team has anything for Beech which is who I assume they will play next.  Henry Co. played them close the first time around.  That game will be a good one if it plays out that way next week.

I'm not sure Beech, with their perfect record, isn't looking past this weekend to Henry County who they beat by 3 in one of our very sloppy games.  I predict Summit moves on.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

I'm not sure Beech, with their perfect record, isn't looking past this weekend to Henry County who they beat by 3 in one of our very sloppy games.  I predict Summit moves on.

It will be Henry Co./Beech...the Rematch. This time, H.C. takes care of business. The Patriots have cleaned up A LOT. The first game against Beech was very sloppy and undisciplined...and H.C. still could have won the game. 

7 hours ago, Swarm4Life said:

It will be Henry Co./Beech...the Rematch. This time, H.C. takes care of business. The Patriots have cleaned up A LOT. The first game against Beech was very sloppy and undisciplined...and H.C. still could have won the game. 

Henry County is solid for sure, but to assume Beech hasn't improved as well is a little silly. 

Henry County wins this week to set up what I anticipate to be a hard hitting, much lower scoring game than the one played earlier in the year. 

On November 14, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Expertguru81 said:

Great observation.  I wouldn't call it a lack of priority, I would call it laziness.  Brighton has as many defenses as there are teams in the NFL.    I have been to every game this year and sometimes it is a 2 man front, 3 man front, 4 man front, 5 man front, 6 man front and finally a 7 man front.  It also seems like the coordinator is playing a video game or sonething.  Somebody said that nobody has a clue what defense he is running.    The players don't, the coaches don't, the parents don't, the booster club doesn't, the cheerleaders do not even know.   They had a great defensive coordinator that won several state titles at another school.   He was the D.C.  for the first five games  last year, then he mysteriously somehow got SICK.    He looked well at every game he came too after, but he was too sick to Coach is what My son was told.  They were referring to sick as being ill, but he was sick to his stomach at what was going on is what I think.

For someone who is so well acquainted with Brighton football, perhaps you could help me out with some dining options in the area. I'm looking for the best Mexican food place on Poplar. 

On November 14, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Expertguru81 said:

Great observation.  I wouldn't call it a lack of priority, I would call it laziness.  Brighton has as many defenses as there are teams in the NFL.    I have been to every game this year and sometimes it is a 2 man front, 3 man front, 4 man front, 5 man front, 6 man front and finally a 7 man front.  It also seems like the coordinator is playing a video game or sonething.  Somebody said that nobody has a clue what defense he is running.    The players don't, the coaches don't, the parents don't, the booster club doesn't, the cheerleaders do not even know.   They had a great defensive coordinator that won several state titles at another school.   He was the D.C.  for the first five games  last year, then he mysteriously somehow got SICK.    He looked well at every game he came too after, but he was too sick to Coach is what My son was told.  They were referring to sick as being ill, but he was sick to his stomach at what was going on is what I think.

By the way, you forgot about the 9-2 defense Brighton ran to perfection against Kirby in short yardage situations. I've heard talk that the 10-1 may make an appearance Friday night. A childhood friend of the D-coordinator was quoted as saying, "Everytime we played John Elway's Quarterback, he would always pick 'field goal block' as his defense. He didn't care if it was 1st and 10, 2nd and 25..." 

10 hours ago, eers said:

Henry County is solid for sure, but to assume Beech hasn't improved as well is a little silly. 

Henry County wins this week to set up what I anticipate to be a hard hitting, much lower scoring game than the one played earlier in the year. 

Agreed. You make a valid point...especially when the team is well-coached, as is the case with Beech. With that being said, it should be a heck of a ball game. Just depends on if Beech has kept pace with Henry County's improvement.

1 hour ago, plumb69 said:

Looks like I'm going to be close enough to Paris to make this game. Don't know who to root for since I have connections to both schools. I know it will be a great atmosphere in Henry County so let's see a great game and see who is standing for the semifinals.

Considering how long you have bantered Henry County fans here on Coach T, it is clear you should root for the home team.

Got a little info on the game tomorrow night. HC is very well prepared for this one. I think people will be surprised at how well the HC defense plays tomorrow night. Brighton has not played a defense like this. This defense is right at a championship caliber defense now. Offensively we will score as much as we want 

1 hour ago, BigRedtaco said:

Heard some bad news yesterday. #3 Lukas Reynolds is out for the rest of the season. Going to miss him on the field. he's a big part of the HC offense 

This YANKER hates to hear that but it will not matter tonight.  This is the easiest path to the semifinals that this YANKER could imagine.  The Henrylanders will not be tested tonight.....running clock in the third quarter.  HC can win by as much as they want.  The score shall be.......HC 55 - Brighton 14!  I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!