3A Semi-Final - Covington @ Pearl-Cohn

CHARGERFAN

3 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Like I said, valid points are being made on both sides.

I guess we should all be relieved that PC doesn’t have the 10th year senior Agreement in order. Can you image a bunch of 30 year old men playing 16-18 year olds. Well, I guess that wouldn’t be too much of an advantage. Hope I didn’t give Childress and the TSSAA any ideas there...:roflol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

So should counties with open zone count the enrollment of every school in their system to determine what class they should be playing in? 

If the open zoned school had the potential to pull any or all of the players it likes absolutely. Those players would then attend the school they are representing. However, that’s not how open zoned works... that would be recruiting which is a totally different subject.

Edited by Throwdeslant

5 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I guess we should all be relieved that PC doesn’t have the 10th year senior Agreement in order. Can you image a bunch of 30 year old men playing 16-18 year olds. Well, I guess that wouldn’t be too much of an advantage. Hope I didn’t give Childress and the TSSAA any ideas there...:roflol:

Haha

3 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Yes and I see that side of it too.

It’s not too difficult to see the advantage of pulling from 1600 students and being allowed to play in 3A ball bro! Not difficult at all...

its called COMMON SENSE. This world is losing it by the second.... unfortunately...

Edited by Throwdeslant

6 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

So should counties with open zone count the enrollment of every school in their system to determine what class they should be playing in? 

While I admit that there are certain advantages to open zones the solution we not be to report the enrollments.  The open zone school cannot draw from the entire student population at another school. They can only use a player that actually enroll a in their school. The coaches at an open enrollment school cannot go to other schools and speak to athletes and persuade them to come to their school. That would be a violation of recruiting rules. However the coaches at PC can go to MLK and speak to any student at any time and try and persuade them to play for PC and they don't even have to change schools. 

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

While I admit that there are certain advantages to open zones the solution we not be to report the enrollments.  The open zone school cannot draw from the entire student population at another school. They can only use a player that actually enroll a in their school. The coaches at an open enrollment school cannot go to other schools and speak to athletes and persuade them to come to their school. That would be a violation of recruiting rules. However the coaches at PC can go to MLK and speak to any student at any time and try and persuade them to play for PC and they don't even have to change schools. 

Again, COMMON SENSE!!  Pretty much sums it up...

• Like 1

It will be that much sweeter when our chargers go and take care of buisness, our boys are on a mission and they are not  worried about 2 schools combining their athletes to make a team.. they know what they are about and they have each other's back, come Friday night the chargers will be ready for war....chargers by 14

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Truck78 said:

It will be that much sweeter when our chargers go and take care of buisness, our boys are on a mission and they are not  worried about 2 schools combining their athletes to make a team.. they know what they are about and they have each other's back, come Friday night the chargers will be ready for war....chargers by 14

Yeah! Good luck! :thumb:

23 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

You could also separate the closed zoned schools and put them in a classification by themselves. However, you wouldn’t have too many teams as most schools in TN are open zoned...