3A Semi-Final - Covington @ Pearl-Cohn

CHARGERFAN

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

The Coach gives the opposing team they are playing the next week an access code to View the Games on Hudl.  This isn't the 90's and early 2000's anymore were coaches drive 2 hrs to meet at a Hardee's to exchange VHS tapes

Done that with my Dad many, many times.  Even back to the reels era.

I dont know anything about PC and dont really care at this point. My team is out of the hunt. I will say that Covington is the best team I have seen this year. I have seen several people say that PC is going to blow the doors off of Covington. Shewww If PC blows out Covington then they have a legit shot at beating Alcoa. Covington has 11 grown men on the offensive side of the ball and another 11 grown men on the defensive side of the ball. They also have a really good high school kicker. 

Im pulling for the chargers!

Edited by ManOfMillions
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I dont know anything about PC and dont really care at this point. My team is out of the hunt. I will say that Covington is the best team I have seen this year. I have seen several people say that PC is going to blow the doors off of Covington. Shewww If PC blows out Covington then they have a legit shot at beating Alcoa. Covington has 11 grown men on the offensive side of the ball and another 11 grown men on the defensive side of the ball. They also have a really good high school kicker. 

PC won't overlook Covington they'll be ready Fri. Thing is we don't know anything about Covington either, so we'll just have to see in 3days.

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yalls Record speaks for yourself

The Sonny_Moore Power rankings have tightened up since last week. The top 5 in 3A are:

PC 135

ALCOA 133

COV 130

RE 123

RED BANK 121

That makes a 5 point difference between PC and Covington. Give PC 3 for home field advantage and the spread is 8 points. I personally think that Covington is still being undervalued in these rankings, but that is just a fan talking. 

The trend shows that power ratings for Covington are getting better as the system recognizes our accomplishments. I hope that we will look even better in person against PC, but we will see.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

28 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The Sonny_Moore Power rankings have tightened up since last week. The top 5 in 3A are:

PC 135

ALCOA 133

COV 130

RE 123

RED BANK 121

That makes a 5 point difference between PC and Covington. Give PC 3 for home field advantage and the spread is 8 points. I personally think that Covington is still being undervalued in these rankings, but that is just a fan talking. 

The trend shows that power ratings for Covington are getting better as the system recognizes our accomplishments. I hope that we will look even better in person against PC, but we will see.

I used to not give any credit to this.... I still will not give any credit to it early in the season. But with about 5 to 6 games played I do think these rankings start to have a little bit of truth in them. This late in the race its really accurate imho. This very ranking had Bolivar ranked in the top 5 of the state before the season got started and they scratched there way into the playoffs and got smoked by RE.......

22 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I used to not give any credit to this.... I still will not give any credit to it early in the season. But with about 5 to 6 games played I do think these rankings start to have a little bit of truth in them. This late in the race its really accurate imho. This very ranking had Bolivar ranked in the top 5 of the state before the season got started and they scratched there way into the playoffs and got smoked by RE.......

I don't give this ranking any credit at anytime. It is usually way off early in the year as you stated. And it is very easy to tell who the top teams are in a given classification this time of year so of course they are going to be accurate. A special needs monkey can tell that Alcoa, PC and Covington are the top teams in 3A. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don't give this ranking any credit at anytime. It is usually way off early in the year as you stated. And it is very easy to tell who the top teams are in a given classification this time of year so of course they are going to be accurate. A special needs monkey can tell that Alcoa, PC and Covington are the top teams in 3A. 

Sonny Moore ranking has always made me go uh????

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Do you remember the Simpsons episode where Homer got a “helper monkey”?  Good times...