OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

I found the Schedule for Saturday July 14 Maryville College 7 on 7 Passing League. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS THE TENATIVE SCHEDULY PUT OUT JULY 5.

Cost is $5.00, refreshments will be sold. They say you should bring lawn chairs.

POOL 3

9 AM  OR vs Greenback, last years Class 1A State Champs

10 AM  OR vs Bearden

11 AM Alcoa

12 AM Grainger

Junior Varsity...remember as Freshmen they went undefeated!

FIELD 2

9 AM OR vs Sequoyah

10 AM Corbin, KY

FIELD 1

11 AM Alcoa.

You can probably find the entire schedule at  mcscots.com

Guess what? No. Go ahead and guess. This is going to come as no surprise to one of our CoachT Wildcats posters.

The Oak Ridge Wildcat Football  Facebook page just posted that the turf field will NOT be put down before the season. Installation will begin after the season. The reasons cited are too late to start and concerns about bad weather.

It was also stated that the State took too long to approve the grant but that the City of OR was all set to put the turf down. I am sure this is going to stir up some comments.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

27 minutes ago, bounder said:

The Fulton game is supposed to be at Oak Ridge so that will kill the gate!  I didn't think the coach and AD wanted televised games at "The Ship" . Guess that's what I get for thinking.

No, you are correct Papa B. The policy was not to have home games on TV. Maybe, OR was made an offer they couldn't refuse. I am sure this is going to be one of the most anticipated regular season games. 

8 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Hey Willie... when is OR gonna play outa state teams? :D

Ut oh. I wandered if the Maryville fans would find out I have been running my mouth about their program. BUSTED :roflol:

To answer you question, we are playing Hoover High School ( ALABAMA ) on ESPN, August 17. Primetime baby.

OK, we are not really.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

2 hours ago, bounder said:

The Fulton game is supposed to be at Oak Ridge so that will kill the gate!  I didn't think the coach and AD wanted televised games at "The Ship" . Guess that's what I get for thinking.

KILL THE GATE.........LOL !!!!!  Did you go to the Fulton game last year? It was for the region championship AT FULTON on a FRIDAY night and I'll bet Fulton didn't have 300 people there and it was also senior night!!! They would've probably brought 100 people on Friday night this year and will likely only bring 40 on a Thursday night...so I guess you're right...playing on TV on a Thursday will "kill the gate".

2 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Hey Willie... when is OR gonna play outa state teams? :D

You didn't ask me but I'm not sure why they would want to. Gaddis says he wants to play DB and Farragut. HVA is right around the corner and Sevier County is a nice trip so why replace any of those with a game out of state? What would be the point?

2 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Guess what? No. Go ahead and guess. This is going to come as no surprise to one of our CoachT Wildcats posters.

The Oak Ridge Wildcat Football  Facebook page just posted that the turf field will NOT be put down before the season. Installation will begin after the season. The reasons cited are too late to start and concerns about bad weather.

It was also stated that the State took too long to approve the grant but that the City of OR was all set to put the turf down. I am sure this is going to stir up some comments.

Who cares?  ALL TALK....NO ACTION!!!

39 minutes ago, catswild said:

You didn't ask me but I'm not sure why they would want to. Gaddis says he wants to play DB and Farragut. HVA is right around the corner and Sevier County is a nice trip so why replace any of those with a game out of state? What would be the point?

catswild,

Rebelwoman, was talking about some posts I made on a Memphis 6A tread. I said Maryville should be playing out of state schools so she rightfully asked me what out of state teams OR was playing. It was just a little joke between us two.

You are certainly right that there is no need for us to go out of state for games and Rebelwoman also knows that. There would be nothing to gain by going out of state and a lot of money to loose if we did.