OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, WilleTheWildcat said:

This Friday at Blankenship Field, Oak Ridge will host Heritage. Freshmen at 6pm with the varsity to follow. Free admission and parking. Concessions will be sold.

RWR!   

HELP SREAD THE WORD...

Heritage vs OR on Friday will start with Freshmen at 7pm and then varsity playing until 9:30. Free admission and parking. Food will be sold.

1 hour ago, bounder said:

They're trying to keep the looneys in, not keep anybody out. Besides since the city took over it's not supposed to be locked up. That's so they could get the infamous GRANT to redo the field.

It has been 20 years since I used to walk the track at the Ship but at that time the gate near the visitor's concession stand/bathroom was always open. The main gate and upper home side gate was always locked.

5 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

It has been 20 years since I used to walk the track at the Ship but at that time the gate near the visitor's concession stand/bathroom was always open. The main gate and upper home side gate was always locked.

There was a mowing crew there Friday and that was how they entered so I figured they must of unlocked the place to get in over there. I watched a TV show the other day about an ex FBI agent that had done his own interview of a scientist over there that married a Russian woman he met on a trip to Russia and others that had done the same thing. Through following them doing surveillance of his own he was cornered and jailed by Oak Ridge Police Department who were watching him. Kind of gave me the creeps like they were hiding the Holy Grail of Football there and it had to be watched 24/7.

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

There was a mowing crew there Friday and that was how they entered so I figured they must of unlocked the place to get in over there. I watched a TV show the other day about an ex FBI agent that had done his own interview of a scientist over there that married a Russian woman he met on a trip to Russia and others that had done the same thing. Through following them doing surveillance of his own he was cornered and jailed by Oak Ridge Police Department who were watching him. Kind of gave me the creeps like they were hiding the Holy Grail of Football there and it had to be watched 24/7.

They've had some vandalism incidents over the years. I'm sure that's another reason why they keep it under such tight surveillance. 

And Oak Ridge is loaded with places to walk so there isn't much need for walking there, but someone always whines about not being able to walk on that track. We have had some vandalism incidents but the most problems were with the kids in the neighborhood, just being kids but vandalism and stealing stuff just the same.

Who cares about all of this boring stuff...surveillance, grants, track, etc...??? LET'S TALK SOME Oak Ridge FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Who will start on the O Line? How are the QBs looking? Who will punt and kick? Who will replace the 300 pound NG? Will there be a workhorse in the backfield or will they spread the ball around? Can our QB throw well enough to force defenses to defend the pass or will they just load the box and dare us to throw? Will the young O Line get annihilated early in the season because of scheduling mismanagement?

Edited by catswild

9 minutes ago, catswild said:

Who cares about all of this boring stuff...surveillance, grants, track, etc...??? LET'S TALK SOME Oak Ridge FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Who will start on the O Line? How are the QBs looking? Who will punt and kick? Who will replace the 300 pound NG? Will there be a workhorse in the backfield or will they spread the ball around? Can our QB throw well enough to force defenses to defend the pass or will they just load the box and dare us to throw? Will the young O Line get annihilated early in the season because of scheduling mismanagement?

Are you going to the scrimmage tomorrow night?

I read a article that said Booker will be the QB and also play DB. He won't come off the field except for special teams. Gaddis implied it was not what he wants to do but feels he has t do. With all the skilled runners we have, I do not think the passing game will be our first weapon of choice. But I don't think they are just going to let Kai 'Reese Pendergrass go unused either. I am looking for Jordan to have a great season that fulfills the potential he showed as a freshmen. 

That is all of my thinking...just a lot of generalities, no solid information :-(