OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

13 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

You know Oak Ridge went by the names the Atomic City, the Energy Capital of the World and the Secret City plus being part of the Manhattan Project in the 1940s. Could it be the Federal Government is secretly building a 100 million dollar multi use Stadium on land once a part of the  K-25 Reservation? They can name it the Sebastian (Dan) Palmer Memorial Stadium after my father who worked at K-25 from the late 1940s until he retired in the late 1980s.. Better yet, name it after all the men and woman who have worked, lived, been raised in the best darn city this country has ever seen.

Once a Wildcat darn sure always a Wildcat. Three special letters...RWR! Bring on Harden Valley Academy then the next victim and the next victim until we have vanquished our last opponent on the turf at TTU..

That the same are where the deer harvested off it can be used as night lights also if mounted?  LOL

I asked a football player on social media what the players have been told about the turf issue. He said he thought work was underway but that it might not be ready for the first game.  From that reply I take it that the players have been told there will be turf at some point this season.

I also take it that this player is not concerned one way or another about the turf. I have seen clips of him lifting weights on social media so he has his head on straight and preparing to play football.

I know I am a pretty bad homer but I think we have a great season ahead of us with maybe some hardware won at the end.

Some Tee Higgins news...Tee's limited but productive play last season and his break out Spring game performance has sky rocketed him into national prominence . He has been named one of the breakout players in the country, ranked as the #24 best WR in the country, numerous mentions for why Clemson will win the Natty Champ and is preseason 3rd string ALL-ACC. The Clemson press is all over Tee and you can tell he has won them over with his unassuming personality. Tee's mom raised him right and all Oak Ridgers should be proud we call him one of our own.

Tee did go through a weekend of heck a month ago over  mostly South Carolina Gamecock fans and a few Vol fans accusing him of being paid by Clemson to buy a $200,000 red sports car. LOL. Tee is good but not $200,000 good. At  least not yet, if he makes the pros he will be. The whole thing was a mix up with adults who knew better but just wanted to hurt Tee and Clemson. 

It is so great to have Tee representing Oak Ridge. Hats off to all the people who coached him in various sports and taught him in the classroom for you did a great job. Oh, in case you didn't hear, Tee was named twice one of three top performing Clemson football players in academics.

Tee is also featured on the Clemson Video Blog put out by the school's Athletic Department. Season One (last year) saw Tee in the weight room, practice field, mentoring kids, ordering a massive amount of food in the Athletes' cafeteria and moving into his dorm room with Amari Rodgers of Knox Catholic and Tee Martin's son who Tee Higgins  is named after. So  far in Season Two Tee is shown playing Fortnight video game in the Football Complex with other players, going to a Marvel Superheroes movie with three senior players ( Tee thought the ending was whack) and receiving a call from Co-Offensive Coordinator Jeff Scout. Coach Scout was on the road recruiting but wanted to call back to Clemson to see how his players were doing on Finals Week. When he asked Tee if he was studying, Tee said he stayed up all night studying for a test.

The first thing you notice when you see Tee on the Video Blog is his SMILE. The kid is truly among Family there. Even disappointed UT fans should be happy for him.

Well Friends and neighbors, boys and girls was just up to "The Ship" and it sure was quite. I was the only one there, so I guess they're not gonna start today. Maybe next year if we don't need rowing lanes or repaving for the bicycles from somewhere else that will never be back. Oh and hanging a WWII piece of scrap iron in the shape of a bell. Course they started building on it and quit in the middle , par for the course. 

Oops I'm being negative again and I don't care!! 

2 hours ago, bounder said:

Well Friends and neighbors, boys and girls was just up to "The Ship" and it sure was quite. I was the only one there, so I guess they're not gonna start today. Maybe next year if we don't need rowing lanes or repaving for the bicycles from somewhere else that will never be back. Oh and hanging a WWII piece of scrap iron in the shape of a bell. Course they started building on it and quit in the middle , par for the course. 

Oops I'm being negative again and I don't care!! 

2vbls1w.jpg