OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Screw it and just keep the grass. Good lawd!!

I wonder if we have screwed around so much that we can't even get a grass field in shape in time. Tick tick tick. I still think we will have a turf field for some of this season.

Down here in Chattanooga, still a lot of schools have grass since no rich person has donated the money to the school system. Hixson High Wildcats ( I live near HHS) has completely torn their field up and placed mounds of dirt down the middle of the field. I can't tell if they are going to turf or just reseeding the whole field. Right now it is just a muddy mess.

Barney is going to answer your questions on putting in a new field from scratch.  I looked through my backlog of pictures in 2012 in which I took of the installation on Maryville's Field.  My first picture was taken on 5-25-12 and the field had just been scraped of it's sod.  The next picture the base layer of rock was down on 6-4-2012. Two days later on the 5th 25 yards had been installed. The next pic was one day later and 100 yards were down but none of the sidelines or end zone yet.  On the 12th of May the field was completely down with some minor things left like the fence and a few other things.  Now they could of started just a few days earlier than my first pic but that was for a major drainage system that needed to be put in and the field was running down hill going towards the weight room on the visitor side a mile so that is why the field sticks up in the air in that area. I never knew that until my old coach told me that's why we wanted that side of the field in the fourth quarter so we would be going downhill in a tight game.