OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

A couple of the best football "fights"  ever was with Chattanooga Central. They rocked our buses with and without rocks down there one time. And in about 58 we had a all out brawl on the field after the game. Last time we sold cokes in the small glass bottles. A bunch got thrown at folks. Yep remember them well!! Plus I believe we beat them for the National Championship.

Edited by bounder

1 hour ago, bounder said:

A couple of the best football "fights"  ever was with Central. They rocked our buses with and without rocks down there one time. And in about 58 we had a all out brawl on the field after the game. Last time we sold cokes in the small glass bottles. A bunch got thrown at folks. Yep remember them well!! Plus I believe we beat them for the National Championship.

Was this during the Lavender Festival as well??

5 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Do all of the Oak Ridge fans really want artificial turf? I prefer natural grass myself but I'm old school. I've seen alot more injuries especially with knees and ankles related to artificial turf. 

I wouldn’t think “all” of the Oak Ridge fans agree on ANYTHING, and that includes the turf. I prefer grass as well but the grass at Blankenship has been bad in recent years.  I understand that the turf of today is much safer than the turf of “yesterday”. If it created more injuries, I doubt so many high school, college, and pro teams would have turf. I don’t recall injuries while playing at DB, Sevier County, Fulton, Webb, etc... If the turf creates more injuries, then there are lots of STUPID people at the high school, college, and professional level because they keep getting turf! But I would prefer grass because that’s what I’m used to  

Edited by catswild

I prefer the new artificial turf better especially if your team has a lot of speed.  Most fields that have heavy traffic from to many events and plans on playing the 15th week of the season every year should be playing  on this stuff.  For those ten weeks and done schools I can understand  the investment would be a far reach. I stopped by and talked to the men that were installing the field last year at Maryville and they did say it last for about ten years so that needs to be figured into the equation if your school is thinking about this.2z6ifev.jpg

I prefer grass but I get tired of the run around from the powers that be. If they're gonna do it, do it and get it over with. I would rather have new dressing rooms and a new press box. I had a hand in the last remodeling in 2002 when the Quarterback club remodeled the restrooms,  ticket booths and built the tailgate area, all from donations and without help from the school board or city.