Catholic vs Beech

ChardeeMacdennis

I think trying to turn this into a private/public forum along with discussing the zoning/transfers of Dunlap and Hoosier diminishes the accomplishments of both teams. Beech had a great year going undefeated into the championship. I know the Irish coaching staff had great respect for their team. Catholic did what everyone expected them to do but as last year proved it is sometimes easier said than done. 

Congrats to both teams!

39 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

I think trying to turn this into a private/public forum along with discussing the zoning/transfers of Dunlap and Hoosier diminishes the accomplishments of both teams. Beech had a great year going undefeated into the championship. I know the Irish coaching staff had great respect for their team. Catholic did what everyone expected them to do but as last year proved it is sometimes easier said than done. 

Congrats to both teams!

Totally agree. 

This is going to be a great game between 2 really good programs. After watching some film on Beech, I give Catholic a slight edge for 3 reasons. 1) While the Beech stud RB is a beast, their offense seems too one dimensional to dominate the Irish. 2) The D-line and LB’s for Beech’s D seem tough. However, I think they are going to face a mismatch when it comes to their DB’s against Catholic’s WR’s. 3) Catholic had arguably the toughest schedule in 5A while Beech had over half their regular season games against 5 teams with 3 or less wins on the season. I hope I’m right. Go Irish!

7 minutes ago, smoltz said:

This is going to be a great game between 2 really good programs. After watching some film on Beech, I give Catholic a slight edge for 3 reasons. 1) While the Beech stud RB is a beast, their offense seems too one dimensional to dominate the Irish. 2) The D-line and LB’s for Beech’s D seem tough. However, I think they are going to face a mismatch when it comes to their DB’s against Catholic’s WR’s. 3) Catholic had arguably the toughest schedule in 5A while Beech had over half their regular season games against 5 teams with 3 or less wins on the season. I hope I’m right. Go Irish!

They already played man. But your observation was pretty good.

That was a great way to cap a great year for the Irish! Beech was just too one dimensional on offense, and Catholic’s offense was just too diverse and potent for Beech to handle. You could tell how good Beech was when they were down, 24-7 and then came back to cut the lead to 3, 24-21.  The fact that they battled back and made a game of it made the win even more special. Congrats to both teams on a terrific season! 

Sidenote: “Take that” Jody Wright (Fulton AD & TSSAA Board of Control member)! Jody can be seen staring at the ground as he is handing the championship plaque to Coach Matthews and shaking his hand. I guess it must be hard looking a coach in the eye when you have been spreading lies about their program over the last few years. Stay classy, Jody!

39 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

They already played man. But your observation was pretty good.

47 minutes ago, smoltz said:

Technical difficulties. Somehow this didn’t post yesterday before the game. Probably a Russian hacker!

3 minutes ago, whytheattitude said:

What's embarrassing is your constant crying.  Does it ever end.  Oak Ridge will be relevant again one day just not now

Amen! Oak Ridge was a very good team, well coached and played with a lot of heart. Atrisk, you are an embarrassment to their fan base. Now go play some Xbox!

Why the attidude, nice to see you've climbed out of the bottle again. The only reason you and some other Catholic fans have a case of it against me is that my statements have been correct with valadation on several threads. Now, go use that foul mouth of yours and talk to your husband.