Catholic vs Beech

ChardeeMacdennis

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

Beech had a great season.  Be proud of that silver ball.  We have 3 of those.  We earned one of those my Sr. year.  There are 31 teams from regions 5-8 that would love to have been playing last night.  I'm proud of how the guys played last night.  I'm going to miss watching Heath play.  He's an incredible young man.  Not too shabby of a player either.

Yes be proud of it they arent giving them away at walmart. Thousands of others would trade places right now.

8 hours ago, Eaglesfan00 said:

Glad you brought this up. Piss poor on the Beech student section to be chanting "Bring out the stretcher" when Cade Mays went down. Good job Beech, way to keep it classless. 

That’s precious, coming from the team that leads the world in personal fouls and unsportsmanlikes. Padded your stats in that category last night. 

Sure Catholic is a private school but what wasn't mentioned on the telecast is that the only people who scored for Beech High School last night were at rival high schools last year and "transferred" to Beech over summer. Kaemon Dunlap was at Station Camp and Diylon Hoosier was at Hendersonville High School. The middle school dunlap attended was rezoned (but he had the option to stay) and i think hoosier moved residencies purposely into the Beech zone. I'm not convinced you take that risk as an athlete without some kind of "understanding" in advance. 

16 minutes ago, Bump11 said:
Outside of Mays, congrats to Catholic. Great season. That offense, and the passing attack in particular, is ridiculous. 

Last years team put up incredible numbers in the passing game.  The QB (whose at MTSU) passed for almost 4,000 yards and didn't play in the second half of most games.  At Fulton last year he had 500 yards passing and sat out most of the third and all of the 4th quarter.  Being a former NFL QB, it's safe to say Coach Matthews likes his passing attack and he does a great job developing his QB's. 

2 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

Last years team put up incredible numbers in the passing game.  The QB (whose at MTSU) passed for almost 4,000 yards and didn't play in the second half of most games.  At Fulton last year he had 500 yards passing and sat out most of the third and all of the 4th quarter.  Being a former NFL QB, it's safe to say Coach Matthews likes his passing attack and he does a great job developing his QB's. 

Agreed. They always have a prolific air attack. Fun to watch

12 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

It's no coincidence that Middle heavily recruited that kid.  Being that Matthews also developed young Stockstill while at Siegel.  He can coach QB's.  

3 hours ago, atrisk said:

I have stated my opion on the publib/private issue in earlier post. I pretty much knew (along with most coaches and sports writers) who would win the  Div. 1 5a trophy this year. It happened. By design?  I was not going to comment any more until my team (Oak Ridge) came on this thread as to them using illigal players. Name 'em.

Totally agree with the bold. Was hoping Beech could be the "David" to Catholic's "Goliath", but it wasn't meant to be. Nevertheless, congrats to the Bucs on a fine season. 14-1 and some silver hardware ain't too shabby. 

And although I believe their school has no business competing in this division, I still want to congratulate the Catholic players. Level playing field or not, winning a state championship is a fine accomplishment, and something those young men will carry with them the rest of their lives. 

2 hours ago, dudedevil4x4 said:

Sure Catholic is a private school but what wasn't mentioned on the telecast is that the only people who scored for Beech High School last night were at rival high schools last year and "transferred" to Beech over summer. Kaemon Dunlap was at Station Camp and Diylon Hoosier was at Hendersonville High School. The middle school dunlap attended was rezoned (but he had the option to stay) and i think hoosier moved residencies purposely into the Beech zone. I'm not convinced you take that risk as an athlete without some kind of "understanding" in advance. 

Not sure what Dunlap’s middle school being rezoned has to do with anything since he is now a senior.  If you are attempting to make these two situations out to be some sinister, illegal deal, you clearly don’t know the facts.  The area where Dunlap lives was rezoned from Station Camp to Beech by the Sumner county school board.  He had the option to stay at SC since it was his Sr year.  Rather than stay at SC where he had been an under utilized running back on a horrible team,  he chose to finish his high school career at Beech where he became a Mr Football semi finalist, won a silver ball and will probably have a chance to play at the next level.  Don’t think that was much of a “risk” for him to make that move.  Another good senior player from SC was rezoned to Gallatin and chose (wisely) to make that move.  As for Hoosier, I’m not sure if he even played football at Hendersonville last year.  If he did,  I don’t recall seeing him when they played Beech.  My understanding is that he did move, but it was done more for a sibling than for him.  Did Beech get lucky on both of these? Absolutely.  Were either one of these transfers a result of the Beech staff go after the two players and offering some sort of “understanding”? Absolutely not.  

• Upvote 1