D2 All Region/ All State

OrangeEagle

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/29/2017 at 8:41 AM, mofototo50 said:

D2-AA Middle All-Region

Most Valuable Player: RB/LB Kane Patterson, CPA, Jr.
Offensive MVP: QB Drew Martin, BGA, Sr.
Co-Defensive MVP: LB Bryce McCormick, CPA, Jr.

Co-Defensive MVP: DL Tymon Mitchell, FRA, Jr.
Athlete of the Year: WR/DB Lance Wilhoite, FRA, Jr.
Kicker of the Year: Sebastian Stubblefield, CPA, Jr.

Christ Presbyterian Academy
OL Joe More, Sr.
OL Jacob Stopkotte, Jr.
OL Dillon Lynch, Sr.
DL Domenic Ferrari, Sr.
DL Henry Proctor, Sr.
DB Sam West, Jr.
WR Noah Henderson, Jr.

QB Ryan Eledge, Jr.
LB William Horne, Jr.*
WR Jackson Lewis, Sr.*
LB Sam Bahou, Sr.*

Battle Ground Academy
OL Eli Mayberry, Jr.
DL Chico Bennett, Jr.  
DL Russ Nicoll, Jr.
LB Antonio Stevens, So.
WR Jack Jewell, Sr.
WR Ollie Reese, Sr.

RB Tiy Reed, Jr.
DB Kel Hawkins, Sr.
DB Conner Mitchell, Sr.

DB Garnett Hollis, So.
WR Biston Bennett, So.*
LB Matthew Ligon, Sr.*
LB Evan Gaunt, Jr.*

Franklin Road Academy
OL Kevin Donnell, So.
LB Watson Tansil, Sr.
WR Riley Speed, Jr.
QB Eric Stoxstill-Diggs, Sr.
LB Jack Arsta, Jr.*
LB J. Ross, Jr.*
OL Will Wheeler, So.*

Goodpasture
WR Ammon Turner, Jr.
RB Julius Elders, Jr.
RB Sam McAuley, Jr.
DL Gabe Corley, So.
OL Cullen Morrow, Sr.
LB Nathan Caine, Sr.*
QB Dylan Brooks, Jr.*
OL Taylor Lazenby, Jr.*

Lipscomb Academy
LB Caleb Silva, Sr.
LB Jake Stafford, Sr.
DB William Story, Sr.
QB Logan Sakarapanee, Sr.*
DB Matthew Jones, Sr.*
DL Sutton Richardson, Sr*

I bold-typed who I think would be deserving of an All-State team.

These lists and All State/Region teams are a joke. How does a 1-10 team like Goodpasture have 8 players on here? Elders as an All State choice????? Wow! LA with 6 selections? GCS and LA were awful yet have 14 All Region selections. TSSAA is a disaster. DIIA West had a total of 70 kids recognized as 1st, 2nd or Honorable Mention. The quantity of selections is mind boggling and takes away from the actual kids who deserve the nod. DIIA was so top heavy with NCS, DA, FCS & DCA as your top tier teams its hard for me to comprehend how so many kids made All region.

4 hours ago, CFAfan said:

These lists and All State/Region teams are a joke. How does a 1-10 team like Goodpasture have 8 players on here? Elders as an All State choice????? Wow! LA with 6 selections? GCS and LA were awful yet have 14 All Region selections. TSSAA is a disaster. DIIA West had a total of 70 kids recognized as 1st, 2nd or Honorable Mention. The quantity of selections is mind boggling and takes away from the actual kids who deserve the nod. DIIA was so top heavy with NCS, DA, FCS & DCA as your top tier teams its hard for me to comprehend how so many kids made All region.

Here's the actual D2 AA all state list and it's not that bad, but being a CPA homer, I am puzzled how anyone could think that CPA's Noah Henderson is not a top 3 WR in the state.  I'm not a stats only guy but I believe he lead the state in receptions, yards, and touch downs.  He's an excellent kickoff returner and I believe played defense on 4 possessions and had 4 interceptions...

OFFENSE
QB: 
Ryan Eledge, CPA
QB: Drew Martin, BGA
RB: Mondo Ellison, Chattanooga Christian
RB: Eric Gray, Lausanne
WR: Ryan Miller, USJ
WR: Ollie Reese, BGA
WR: Lance Wilhoite, FRA
OL: Will Lawrence, Harding Academy
OL: Joe More, CPA
OL: Eli Mayberry, BGA
OL: Parker Pulliam, Lausanne
OL: Sam Stovall, Notre Dame
ATH: Cameron Wynn, Notre Dame
K: Charles Campbell, USJ 

DEFENSE
DL: 
Dallas Brown, Notre Dame
DL: Chico Bennett, BGA
DL: Josh Crawford, Lausanne
DL: Tymon Mitchell, FRA
LB: Morgan Ernst, Knox Webb
LB: Nyle Love, Lausanne
LB: Kane Patterson, CPA
LB: Watson Tansil, FRA
DB: Erek Campbell, Lausanne
DB: Kel Hawkins, BGA
DB: Kohl Henke, Boyd-Buchanan
DB: Sam West, CPA
P: Wade Martin, Northpoint Christian 

5 hours ago, bcd said:

Here's the actual D2 AA all state list and it's not that bad, but being a CPA homer, I am puzzled how anyone could think that CPA's Noah Henderson is not a top 3 WR in the state.  I'm not a stats only guy but I believe he lead the state in receptions, yards, and touch downs.  He's an excellent kickoff returner and I believe played defense on 4 possessions and had 4 interceptions...

OFFENSE
QB: 
Ryan Eledge, CPA
QB: Drew Martin, BGA
RB: Mondo Ellison, Chattanooga Christian
RB: Eric Gray, Lausanne
WR: Ryan Miller, USJ
WR: Ollie Reese, BGA
WR: Lance Wilhoite, FRA
OL: Will Lawrence, Harding Academy
OL: Joe More, CPA
OL: Eli Mayberry, BGA
OL: Parker Pulliam, Lausanne
OL: Sam Stovall, Notre Dame
ATH: Cameron Wynn, Notre Dame
K: Charles Campbell, USJ 

DEFENSE
DL: 
Dallas Brown, Notre Dame
DL: Chico Bennett, BGA
DL: Josh Crawford, Lausanne
DL: Tymon Mitchell, FRA
LB: Morgan Ernst, Knox Webb
LB: Nyle Love, Lausanne
LB: Kane Patterson, CPA
LB: Watson Tansil, FRA
DB: Erek Campbell, Lausanne
DB: Kel Hawkins, BGA
DB: Kohl Henke, Boyd-Buchanan
DB: Sam West, CPA
P: Wade Martin, Northpoint Christian 

I agree on Noah. No way he shouldn't be on here.

I’m sure every player on this list deserves to be on there. However, I don’t agree with the # of West/Middle players on the list. By my count, there’s only 6 represented from the East Region. I understand that this isn’t a “divide the 27 spots by 3” type of deal. And I’m not crying that GCA didn’t have anyone on the list. Quite the contrary. I don’t believe we had anyone worthy of making the list this season. We might’ve had a shot at a couple of positions , but I can’t disagree with the selections that were made in those spots. I believe there were a couple of players we played against in the East Region that had better seasons and should’ve been on the list. Just seems a little lopsided to me. 

Edited by gcapride

On 1/1/2018 at 0:05 PM, gcapride said:

I’m sure every player on this list deserves to be on there. However, I don’t agree with the # of West/Middle players on the list. By my count, there’s only 6 represented from the East Region. I understand that this isn’t a “divide the 27 spots by 3” type of deal. And I’m not crying that GCA didn’t have anyone on the list. Quite the contrary. I don’t believe we had anyone worthy of making the list this season. We might’ve had a shot at a couple of positions , but I can’t disagree with the selections that were made in those spots. I believe there were a couple of players we played against in the East Region that had better seasons and should’ve been on the list. Just seems a little lopsided to me. 

u just gotta look past all those opinionaters from the presses that are involvbed in this process.....and its sumwhat kinda lika allstate votin in soccer.....if u ant a payin member of the coaches association r the writers club you dont even get a spot or vote at the table

Booger will tell u sumthin bout u snake handlers.... a participantin QB on the Rams squad was better than any of the 2 stamped to the list

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Booger said:

u just gotta look past all those opinionaters from the presses that are involvbed in this process.....and its sumwhat kinda lika allstate votin in soccer.....if u ant a payin member of the coaches association r the writers club you dont even get a spot or vote at the table

Booger will tell u sumthin bout u snake handlers.... a participantin QB on the Rams squad was better than any of the 2 stamped to the list

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I didn't get an opportunity to see the other 2 QB's on the list and didn't want to comment. Our QB had 3220 yds, 29 TD's and completed 59.2% on the season. Thanks for the mention.