Griders pirates in 2018

Roy Dillard

5 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I was told the defense throttled Dade. Sp running game looked good but passing game is still work in progress. Sanders made some good throws but had a couple picks. Sophomore qb will have that though. 

Defense looked good as it did last week up at Sewanee.   The two picks were gifts.  Passes were just laid up and Dade out jumped our WR on both of them.   Still learning.

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Defense looked good as it did last week up at Sewanee.   The two picks were gifts.  Passes were just laid up and Dade out jumped our WR on both of them.   Still learning.

He will get it. Sanders is an exceptional athlete and it will come to him. I wish we would have went to yours instead of SC vs Tyner. SC looks like they will have a good team this year. Tyner only showed up with 30 players. They didn't look like what I've heard about them so far. Still a dangerous team when the games start to count though.

8 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

He will get it. Sanders is an exceptional athlete and it will come to him. I wish we would have went to yours instead of SC vs Tyner. SC looks like they will have a good team this year. Tyner only showed up with 30 players. They didn't look like what I've heard about them so far. Still a dangerous team when the games start to count though.

Didn't think I was gonna make it to the scrimmage but had a late change in plans.  You got to see the right scrimmage as you'll get to visit Dade on Tuesday.  I'm sure it wasn't us that you wanted to see anyway. :)

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

The picks were not gifts. One receiver didn't put up much fight for the ball and the other quit running the route so it looked like an overthrow. Still, a lot to work on but the defense will be tough this year for sure. Dade will probably have the biggest line we will see all regular season.

1. #9 ran the ball hard as usual 

2. #1 threw the ball descent but he has happy feet, and really quick to pull it down and run it. He will settle down in time.

3. Did not see #5 play(is he hurt?) or was Vic just resting him?

4. The o line missed some assignments and the center got pushed around on a few plays,causing the pulling guard to be late on his blocks.

5. All that being said SP is SP and they will be just fine.

2 hours ago, SCPRIDE30 said:

Can’t wait till week 1 for this Indians and pirates showdown. Should be a dandy 

How many seniors does Sequatchie have this season? As I said at the end of last season. SP is still extremely young overall. Only 5 seniors on the entire team this year. I think that game will be a good game, but matching the physicality of Sequatchie will be a tough, tough chore. 

7 hours ago, powerp said:

The picks were not gifts. One receiver didn't put up much fight for the ball and the other quit running the route so it looked like an overthrow. Still, a lot to work on but the defense will be tough this year for sure. Dade will probably have the biggest line we will see all regular season.

I heard the defense looks pretty good, but the offense is a work in progress? CN you tell me more. Also did we do any kicking? The kid last year was pretty good so was curious about this part of the game. 

32 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

How many seniors does Sequatchie have this season? As I said at the end of last season. SP is still extremely young overall. Only 5 seniors on the entire team this year. I think that game will be a good game, but matching the physicality of Sequatchie will be a tough, tough chore. 

Not sure on how many seniors but our young group done good againt tyner varsity. Freshman full back is a beast just like hicks. By next year he’ll be a stud. Got a offense line group and a defense group that don’t play both ways so That should help us out a lot

52 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I heard the defense looks pretty good, but the offense is a work in progress? CN you tell me more. Also did we do any kicking? The kid last year was pretty good so was curious about this part of the game. 

Overall we are fine. Just have to clean up some things. The kid that is kicking extra points for us is pretty consistent. He was 3/3 yesterday and had a touchback on a kickoff

4 hours ago, Justmy2cents said:

1. #9 ran the ball hard as usual 

2. #1 threw the ball descent but he has happy feet, and really quick to pull it down and run it. He will settle down in time.

3. Did not see #5 play(is he hurt?) or was Vic just resting him?

4. The o line missed some assignments and the center got pushed around on a few plays,causing the pulling guard to be late on his blocks.

5. All that being said SP is SP and they will be just fine.

3 starters were out resting. Nothing major.