Griders pirates in 2018

Roy Dillard

This season is over and Grider better have our boys lifting weights starting Monday if he wants to beat this Ryan man.  Our boys that are coming back better get faster and stronger.  Im tired of losing in the playoffs.  Since im living alone right now I have been reading my Murphy Fair book more.  Wendy is still gone.  You think im joking but im not. 

Pegleg I told you ole Roy probably didn’t have internet since Wendy runnoft on him! Lol

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Dont forget special teams,i my opinion thats were we sealed the deal!

The first game against Sequatchie will be a good test for our boys. We will see then where improvements need to be made. 

Hopefully we will see your boys again this year. Just going to take it one game at a time and we will see. Maybe the boy will get some playing time in by then. Just a freshman but he may get into some games if the score is right..lol

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

7 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

The first game against Sequatchie will be a good test for our boys. We will see then where improvements need to be made. 

Hopefully we will see your boys again this year. Just going to take it one game at a time and we will see. Maybe the boy will get some playing time in by then. Just a freshman but he may get into some games if the score is right..lol

He will get plenty of time.SP will roll alot of teams on their schedule!And yes i also hope we get another OnB semifinal.

I have been busy and just now able to post on the game. Pretty decent scrimmage. Dade is HUGE up front and not a bad team. We just had better technique and coaching on the line that let us take advantage of there size. I would have liked to see 53 in the game and I know he is going to be one of our best lineman like he has been the last 3 year's. I guess Grider was letting him rest an injury what I heard but he looked fine on the side lines. #9 is,well enough said about him, he's just a beast on both sides of the ball and a great leader. The Frame kid and Tipton kid ran very well.  Lawson on the line was unstoppable. He basically did what he wanted to do and he has great work ethic's. Some new kid's out that did a great job. The freshmen kid I think they said his name was Jo Jo is a head hunter for sure. A couple good WR's but after those two it goes down hill. We had two Soph's that dropped passes right between the number's.  Hard to play that position if you can't catch. DB's looked good especially #8.  12 looked good also.but Dade had no time to throw the ball so really don't know how good our Db's are plus 5 was out for the scrimmage and he starts there also. As far as I could tell Dade had maybe a total of 20-25 yards in the first half against the starters and backups in second half maybe the sames.  QB? That is going to be a question again. He can throw pin point passes and toll out but the lob's need not look like there's helium in the ball,plus I agree,our WR's have to go get it and 5 and 8 will do that. The int's were to younger kid's that are still learning the game. Hope that's catches some of you up on what I saw. BTW, Dade has good popcorn!!!

4 hours ago, sportman said:

I have been busy and just now able to post on the game. Pretty decent scrimmage. Dade is HUGE up front and not a bad team. We just had better technique and coaching on the line that let us take advantage of there size. I would have liked to see 53 in the game and I know he is going to be one of our best lineman like he has been the last 3 year's. I guess Grider was letting him rest an injury what I heard but he looked fine on the side lines. #9 is,well enough said about him, he's just a beast on both sides of the ball and a great leader. The Frame kid and Tipton kid ran very well.  Lawson on the line was unstoppable. He basically did what he wanted to do and he has great work ethic's. Some new kid's out that did a great job. The freshmen kid I think they said his name was Jo Jo is a head hunter for sure. A couple good WR's but after those two it goes down hill. We had two Soph's that dropped passes right between the number's.  Hard to play that position if you can't catch. DB's looked good especially #8.  12 looked good also.but Dade had no time to throw the ball so really don't know how good our Db's are plus 5 was out for the scrimmage and he starts there also. As far as I could tell Dade had maybe a total of 20-25 yards in the first half against the starters and backups in second half maybe the sames.  QB? That is going to be a question again. He can throw pin point passes and toll out but the lob's need not look like there's helium in the ball,plus I agree,our WR's have to go get it and 5 and 8 will do that. The int's were to younger kid's that are still learning the game. Hope that's catches some of you up on what I saw. BTW, Dade has good popcorn!!!

Thanks for the good report. Looking forward to watching all the teams this Friday. 

7 hours ago, sportman said:

Nice report

I wonder if we might be able to ever schedule Dade in the regular season?  I know there's alot of scheduling conflicts on both sides but it  would be a close way to go for both team's plus I think draw a good gate and both place's have outstanding facilities.  I saw Coach Cooper from Dade and he just didn't look right in that Gold and Maroon.  I think he knew what was getting ready to happen to those Dade boy's though. Coach Cooper has and always will be a great friend and I wish him nothing but the best for him and his family.