The Knoxville News Sentinel

QSouth89

What a joke the KNS has become.  A city the size of Knoxville with Prepxtra coverage all the way to Greene County refuses to put basketball scores in the paper?  Only top perfromances? All the kids deserve recognition, lazy, cheap and pathetic on your part KNS.

Edited by QSouth89

C'mon now Q. They had a half page story on University of Miami basketball the other day. I'm sure their fan base are big subscribers. They have MINIMAL local journalists and have gone to "national stories"

They will still take box scores as long as they are called in by 7:00. What time do the games start....oh yeah 7:30 or 8:00.

9 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I agree. The local basketball coverage is pitiful with that paper. At least Packer last year started to get local teams playing on cable. Everybody gives that guy a hard time, but at least he tries to get these kids the recognition they deserve.

I agree with you on that. I have given him a hard time but he does give Hs sports a platform that no one else ever did. The championships would be the only thing televised before Packman production came along. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, bounder said:

Back to the KNS no local high school scores or stats but plenty of pro basketball scores and stats. What's the difference? I'll give them one more week and if it isn't better I'm gone after about 30 years of subscribing.

They told the coaches at Catholic that if they called in box scores by 7:00 they would be included but most games start at 7:30 or 8:00. Go figure. I'm amazed at some of the stories they're running. Can't imagine there's much interest in Formula One racing, Canadian National team or Jai alai but I'm kind of focused on UT and the local kids.

Is anyone surprised, given the disaster that was the local HS football coverage? It is horrible across the board. The girls get even less! It is past pitiful, and I don't even have a daughter playing. My subscription is now cancelled!

As for Packer......he gives SOME HS KIDS a lot of pub. But, he has a chosen handful of programs he chooses to promote, and that is it.....Farragut, South Doyle, Catholic, Maryville and his newfound pet, Greenback. They all had multiple games on TV this year, and there were a bunch of other worthy programs to promote that had great matchups.

9 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Is anyone surprised, given the disaster that was the local HS football coverage? It is horrible across the board. The girls get even less! It is past pitiful, and I don't even have a daughter playing. My subscription is now cancelled!

As for Packer......he gives SOME HS KIDS a lot of pub. But, he has a chosen handful of programs he chooses to promote, and that is it.....Farragut, South Doyle, Catholic, Maryville and his newfound pet, Greenback. They all had multiple games on TV this year, and there were a bunch of other worthy programs to promote that had great matchups.

I agree with you about the games Packer shows. It seems to be the same teams every year.

12 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

It is my understanding that the schools have to guarantee him $$$ through ads before he will show the game.