2017 Best Teams In The State (All Classes)

Spartan4Life

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, Spartan4Life said:

Now that the season had concluded who are your top 10 in the State? I've got the following. 

1. BA (D2-AAA)

2. MBA (D2-AAA)

3. Maryville (6A)

4. Oakland (6A)

5. McCallie (D2-AAA)

6. Knoxville Catholic (5A)

7. Greenville (4A)

8. Lausanne (D2-AA)

9. Alcoa (3A)

10. Blackman/Farragut/Oak Ridge/Beech (Any of these I could make arguments for)

Stupid post by an idiot living in his parents basement.  The best teams in the state have been decided.  Comparing apple's to orange's.  The top 9 in the state are:

1A:  Greenback

2A:  Union City

3A:  Alcoa

4A:  Greenville

5A:  Knoxville Cathlolic

6A:  Maryville

DIIA:       Friendship Christian

DIIAA:    Lausanne

DIIAAA:  Brentwood Academy

You're all about Webb.  Now that the TSSAA made them play against the same sized schools, they will not see a gold ball again.  BTW, please put some of that $19,840 per year tuition into building visitors stands.  Terrible football atmosphere.  Felt like I was at a tennis match this year instead of a football game.

7 hours ago, AlbertPine said:

Stupid post by an idiot living in his parents basement.  The best teams in the state have been decided.  Comparing apple's to orange's.  The top 9 in the state are:

You're all about Webb.  Now that the TSSAA made them play against the same sized schools, they will not see a gold ball again.  BTW, please put some of that $19,840 per year tuition into building visitors stands.  Terrible football atmosphere.  Felt like I was at a tennis match this year instead of a football game.

LOL you're probably right. 

7 hours ago, AlbertPine said:

not 100% tho.....sum of that Haslam luv is two timin down in chattanooga over at suk creek with them Red Raiders

Hasllam scool of Knoxville do have a nice pool in the endzone for them mamas to lather up their tans with that Pilot Petro Tropic Gold while them yungins sweat it out durin them hot summer days

Booger just sayin BigheartedShallowBuffalo-max-1mb.gif

27 minutes ago, Booger said:

not 100% tho.....sum of that Haslam luv is two timin down in chattanooga over at suk creek with them Red Raiders

Hasllam scool of Knoxville do have a nice pool in the endzone for them mamas to lather up their tans with that Pilot Petro Tropic Gold while them yungins sweat it out durin them hot summer days

Booger just sayin BigheartedShallowBuffalo-max-1mb.gif

Lol I've never actually seen mom's in that pool but I could have just never paid attention. 

On 12/13/2017 at 3:41 PM, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I’m just saying - 

i have always given d1 credit and think the top teams could complete with d2 and vice versa but sometimes things get a little carried away on here

i am a big fan of community football . It’s been fun at times watching ba but I grew up in a large middle class family ( my father was a mechanic and I am grateful for all he taught me about work and life ) so for me the greatest experience is when a community gets behind high school kids.

my high school won the state championship again in another state for the 6th  time. They have won 5 this decade in a very tough state for football. My senior year we won their first.

We have had many players go on to college and some to the nfl from a town of less than 15000. I was at the game - it was packed and I saw all the past players there — most of which I played with at the game.

i can’t say I feel that way when I go to a ba game even though they Would mercy rule my old HS team before half. I enjoy watching a team so talented as ba was this year but i Know that talent , coaching and the nature of the privates in general can create some ill will among some people on here.

seeing 6000 fans from my little town come out to support that team was exciting.  Trust me - I get it and was just as excited to watch my high school win and catch up with everyone from my little town as I was watching ba beat mba for the 3rd time in a row. It was just different 

i don’t put down teams or kids - even though at times I think people on here are a little dillisional with their biases. I support all the kids coaches , divisions and parents who only want the best for their children- regardless of where they go to school. We are different but in many ways the same - much more alike than not.

i like to jawbone with you kwc and I know you enjoy the same but just know even though we may not always agree I pull for all kids on this level - those of us who have played the game know how hard it is at times and how much work goes into a season. It passes too quickly as does life 

until next year my friend 

Nice post , Bigdog ! Couldn’t agree more with ya ! 

On 12/13/2017 at 3:41 PM, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I’m just saying - 

i have always given d1 credit and think the top teams could complete with d2 and vice versa but sometimes things get a little carried away on here

i am a big fan of community football . It’s been fun at times watching ba but I grew up in a large middle class family ( my father was a mechanic and I am grateful for all he taught me about work and life ) so for me the greatest experience is when a community gets behind high school kids.

my high school won the state championship again in another state for the 6th  time. They have won 5 this decade in a very tough state for football. My senior year we won their first.

We have had many players go on to college and some to the nfl from a town of less than 15000. I was at the game - it was packed and I saw all the past players there — most of which I played with at the game.

i can’t say I feel that way when I go to a ba game even though they Would mercy rule my old HS team before half. I enjoy watching a team so talented as ba was this year but i Know that talent , coaching and the nature of the privates in general can create some ill will among some people on here.

seeing 6000 fans from my little town come out to support that team was exciting.  Trust me - I get it and was just as excited to watch my high school win and catch up with everyone from my little town as I was watching ba beat mba for the 3rd time in a row. It was just different 

i don’t put down teams or kids - even though at times I think people on here are a little dillisional with their biases. I support all the kids coaches , divisions and parents who only want the best for their children- regardless of where they go to school. We are different but in many ways the same - much more alike than not.

i like to jawbone with you kwc and I know you enjoy the same but just know even though we may not always agree I pull for all kids on this level - those of us who have played the game know how hard it is at times and how much work goes into a season. It passes too quickly as does life 

until next year my friend 

bbd1976 goodur post......Ewe haiv a much bettur and fairer vue on thangs thain sum ov tha othur D-2 fans ......:popcorneater:

1: BA

2: MBA

3: Maryville and CBHS tie

4: Oakland 

5: Greenville 

6: McCallie 

7: KC

8: Lausanne

9: Beech

10: Blackman/ Alcoa/ Brentwood/ Cane Ridge

Greebville imo was one of the best public schools I saw this year. I think they would beat KC and McCallie due to the superb QB play and their defenses but would struggle against the teams above them that I listed 

Bottom line is D2AA in the past and now D2AAA have owned the state for the last decade in football. The majority public schools fans are so disconnected with reality that they cannot seem to realize this as most simply can't admit it and they don't travel to watch other teams across the state so they have no understanding of D2 ball. It is simply an entire other level of play compared to anything else. I mean BA had Jalen Ramsey and Derek Barnett (along with many other high level college players) on the same team and didn't even win state. That alone should show people that D2 is another level of ball. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

1: BA

2: MBA

3: Maryville and CBHS tie

4: Oakland 

5: Greenville 

6: McCallie 

7: KC

8: Lausanne

9: Beech

10: Blackman/ Alcoa/ Brentwood/ Cane Ridge

Greebville imo was one of the best public schools I saw this year. I think they would beat KC and McCallie due to the superb QB play and their defenses but would struggle against the teams above them that I listed 

Look eye like Bruvvurs hoo ere Christians.....Butt all non byeassed compootur poles haiv Mairvul ahaid...

GreebVille iz vurry vurry goodur....:popcorneater:

On 12/16/2017 at 2:51 AM, zoneread56 said:

Bottom line is D2AA in the past and now D2AAA have owned the state for the last decade in football. The majority public schools fans are so disconnected with reality that they cannot seem to realize this as most simply can't admit it and they don't travel to watch other teams across the state so they have no understanding of D2 ball. It is simply an entire other level of play compared to anything else. I mean BA had Jalen Ramsey and Derek Barnett (along with many other high level college players) on the same team and didn't even win state. That alone should show people that D2 is another level of ball. 

Yea Ensworth still had their (BA's) number and they were stacked with NFL talent. Crazy!