2017 Best Teams In The State (All Classes)

Spartan4Life

55 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I was on vacation. haha. 

awesome..was kinda maybe a little bit borin w/out Sparty....nowun was here to break it all down for us..

.....have never gotten to see those bangers and bottle rockets

Booger just sayin magic-kingdom-overview-happily-ever-afte

Edited by Booger

Lausanne would struggle against a team that is either: 

A. As big as they are up front and can hold their own running the ball

B. A team that can throw and plays really good defense. To me Lausanne biggest weakness is their secondary. They play a lot of man and cover 3 (essentially man to the boundary/1 WR side). BGA was able to get past their DBs who are pretty good (BGA two outside WR were very good as well). Part of it is how aggressive their DBs like to play.

When it comes to their defensive front 7 though, they are as good as I have seen. Love & Thomas at LB are really good. Crawford to me is right behind Trey Smith last year for DL who effects a game (and he plays with a motor that Trey didn't in high school). And adding Corteze Love to the mix at DE only makes them better. 

Offensively they have weapons, but if you can shut down Gray (like Whitehaven was able to) you have a chance to win the game. Whitehaven didn't have the offense built to beat them though.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:53 AM, Spartan4Life said:

BA would handle Maryville pretty easily. Common opponent being Knoxville Catholic.

Maryville 49 Knox Catholic 42 (down to the wire)

BA 50 Knox Catholic 14 (easy mercy rule)

Maryville is in no way better than BA. Not even close. Because Maryville has good coaching they wouldn't get blown out but BA would win by 14 easy.

Sonny Moore's ranking have and always will be wrong.  

Easy ... it's Amazing to me that not only does Maryville always get beat in these IFL games ... it's always EASY also . Funny how you never see Actual Maryville fans Claim World Dominance ... then again we're not a Private School guy whose team Avoids all the really good teams ... and we're not insecure about our accomplishments because of that . Brentwood Academy looked like a really Great Team this year ... I am one of the few Guys in the State Apparently who wouldn't mind seeing Public , Private Schools back together again . I know Maryville wouldn't win every year ... but I'd bet we'd still win our share of Titles ... Giving out 9 Gold Balls is Crazy . I guess if that Happened though we wouldn't get to hear every year from SP4Life how puny and insignificant us DI teams are . Carry on with your Vicarious Chest Thumping SP4Life . 

On 12/10/2017 at 0:14 PM, pepvol said:

Easy ... it's Amazing to me that not only does Maryville always get beat in these IFL games ... it's always EASY also . Funny how you never see Actual Maryville fans Claim World Dominance ... then again we're not a Private School guy whose team Avoids all the really good teams ... and we're not insecure about our accomplishments because of that . Brentwood Academy looked like a really Great Team this year ... I am one of the few Guys in the State Apparently who wouldn't mind seeing Public , Private Schools back together again . I know Maryville wouldn't win every year ... but I'd bet we'd still win our share of Titles ... Giving out 9 Gold Balls is Crazy . I guess if that Happened though we wouldn't get to hear every year from SP4Life how puny and insignificant us DI teams are . Carry on with your Vicarious Chest Thumping SP4Life . 

Good Ole Pep!

ezg7f5.png

On 12/7/2017 at 9:02 AM, mofototo50 said:

Lausanne would struggle against a team that is either: 

A. As big as they are up front and can hold their own running the ball

B. A team that can throw and plays really good defense. To me Lausanne biggest weakness is their secondary. They play a lot of man and cover 3 (essentially man to the boundary/1 WR side). BGA was able to get past their DBs who are pretty good (BGA two outside WR were very good as well). Part of it is how aggressive their DBs like to play.

When it comes to their defensive front 7 though, they are as good as I have seen. Love & Thomas at LB are really good. Crawford to me is right behind Trey Smith last year for DL who effects a game (and he plays with a motor that Trey didn't in high school). And adding Corteze Love to the mix at DE only makes them better. 

Offensively they have weapons, but if you can shut down Gray (like Whitehaven was able to) you have a chance to win the game. Whitehaven didn't have the offense built to beat them though.

I can’t believe it! Alcoa has finally won a game in the IFL!!!!

mkg6zt.jpg

If I had to say which team is the best I may have to say Brentwood  Academy.  They are a great team. Maryville is a great team. One thing is you can't always compare scores. I remember in 2006 Red Bank beat Brainerd 77 -7. In the 1st round of the playoffs Maryville beat Brainerd 30-26. When Maryville played Red Bank in the playoffs I remember a lot of people thought Red Bank would beat Maryville like a drum. Maryville won 38-14. Main thing is Maryville winning 6A

Edited by REBELRON

On 12/5/2017 at 1:55 PM, Spartan4Life said:

Now that the season had concluded who are your top 10 in the State? I've got the following. 

1. BA (D2-AAA)

2. MBA (D2-AAA)

3. Maryville (6A)

4. Oakland (6A)

5. McCallie (D2-AAA)

6. Knoxville Catholic (5A)

7. Greenville (4A)

8. Lausanne (D2-AA)

9. Alcoa (3A)

10. Blackman/Farragut/Oak Ridge/Beech (Any of these I could make arguments for)

My IFL list. Here goes.

1) Maryville

2) Lausanne/BA

3) BA/Lausanne

4) Oakland

5) Alcoa/Greenville

6) Greenville/Alcoa

7) MBA

8) Knoxville Cath.

9) Beech

10) Oakridge

• Upvote 1