Wilson Central Tournament Jan 6th

CoachKramer

1 hour ago, MemphisTiger14 said:

I'm predicting that Horst and Cannon meet in the finals at 120. It could potentially be a preview of the state-semi's/finals at that weight. I also think Cannon wins in a tight one.

Let’s revisit both of these predictions after. :)

2 hours ago, MemphisTiger14 said:

I'm predicting that Horst and Cannon meet in the finals at 120. It could potentially be a preview of the state-semi's/finals at that weight. I also think Cannon wins in a tight one.

7 minutes ago, Hamm said:

I'm with you HammBone!!! Think the ole Memphis Tiger may just be A "LITTLE SUPRISED" ! ;)

25 minutes ago, Hamm said:

Well, Hamm, considering your rankings I would put Cannon at #3 in the 120 class (I believe Seeley will individually compete at 113 at state, although Cannon has pinned him every time they've wrestled anyway). So if he's the 3rd best 120 in the state (according to your rankings) it is reasonable to think he could wrestle in the state-semi's and potentially make the finals.

As for my prediction for the WC tourney. I guess we will see how things play out. If Horst does take it, it won't be by more than a minor. 

25 minutes ago, MemphisTiger14 said:

Well, Hamm, considering your rankings I would put Cannon at #3 in the 120 class (I believe Seeley will individually compete at 113 at state, although Cannon has pinned him every time they've wrestled anyway). So if he's the 3rd best 120 in the state (according to your rankings) it is reasonable to think he could wrestle in the state-semi's and potentially make the finals.

As for my prediction for the WC tourney. I guess we will see how things play out. If Horst does take it, it won't be by more than a minor. 

Seeley will stay at 120. Braxton Mann is making his weigh down to 113 if he isn't already there for The Hill.  Cannon beating Horst? You crazy. I could see them meeting in the semi finals of state and they might meet in the finals at WC but don't think that the match will even be close  

There are several big tournaments this weekend where we will have the opportunity to see some really good kids wrestle each other. There will also be some kids wrestling at weights they weren't allowed to before Christmas break bc of their decention plan. That being said, Hamm will probably have several adjustments to make to his next set of rankings. I do think Cannon is DEF one of the best few kids in the State at 120, however I think it will be a victory for him if he keeps it to a minor in the "120 LB finals":D! Just my opinion. 

Edited by FargoStrut

8 hours ago, MemphisTiger14 said:

Yes Braxton is at 113 now and he will remain our 113 through  postseason. Already wrestled there at Independence and will wrestle there tomorrow in SC. He is making the weight easy now. Tyler has grown into a big 120.

You are totally correct about Cannon. He absolutely manhandled us twice last season. We didn’t get a lick in. I informed Hamm of this after his initial rankings because Cannon definitely deserved to be ranked above Tyler. However, I think Tyler is a completely different wrestler now with Braxton in the room with him and I look forward to seeing if he can compete with Cannon this season. 

Cannon and Noah may meet this weekend, but shouldn’t meet in the state semis though. It will most likely have to be in the finals... I got to looking at seedings the other day and if everyone remains at the weight and Regions all play out as expected, Seeley, Isbell, and Cannon will all be on the bottom half battling it out for a spot in the finals while Noah should have a pretty easy route. The seeds should play out as follows:

1- Hoarst

2- Cannon 

3- Seeley 

** Isbell unseeded assuming he loses to Noah in Region **

That will be a tough bottom half and Isbell could wind up wrestling Cannon or Seeley as early as second round. 

Edited by KingGreene

On 1/4/2018 at 9:48 PM, Twofdr said:
*******Note HUGE change*******

******Palmer is at 120 and Horst is at 126******

Corrected Rippey, lol.

Shaping up to be a pretty tough tourney:

Team Rankings:

Coaches/PIN-Tn

#3 D-2 Baylor

#4/5 Wilson Central

#5/6 Arlington

#6/7 Halls

#5/10 Blackman

Key Indidual Matchups:

106  #1 Tre Bates (Beech)

113 # #4 D-2 Ben Beavers (Knox Grace Acad) #6  Jacob Andrews (Beech) UR Hunter Borders (Wilson Central)

120 #1 Brayden Palmer (Beech) #2 D-2 Porter Kaufman (Baylor) #4 Michael Cannon #6 William Witt (Cane Ridge)

126 #1 Noah Horst (Beech)

132 #4 Chase Brown (Halls) #4 D-2 Tanner Thornton (Knox Grace)

138 #2 Daniel Bradford (Blackman) #1 D-2 Andrew Pace (Baylor)

145   #4 D-2 Austin Atchley (Baylor) #3 D-2 Garret Lay (Knox Halls)   #4 Harrison Phillips (Arlington) #4 Jalen Brown (Blackman)

152 #1 D-2 Alex Atchley (Baylor) (Blackman) #4 Brooks Sacharczyl (Blackman) #4 D-2 Stephen Vickers (FRA)

160 #1 D-2 Mason Rienche (Baylor)  

170 #1 Landon Fowler (Blackman) #3 D-2 Conner Duffy (Baylor) #4 D-2 Nic Bass (Knox Grace) #5  Austin Antcliffe (Arlington)

182 #1 D-2 Riley Westlake (Baylor)  #4 Sinjin Noga (Wilson Central)  #6 TJ Holmes (Halls)

195 #3 Jack Lewis (Arlington) #3 D-2 Sam Reynolds (Baylor)  #5 Brent Buckman (Halls)

220 #4 Jamal Miller (McGavock) #4 D-2 Stephen Morgan (Baylor)  #6 Andrew Arias (Rossview)

HWT #1 Michael Kramer ( Wilson Central)

let me me know if I missed anyone

Edited 23 hours ago by Twofdr
  • Upvote1

Edited by Twofdr

Wow!!

Beech's secret is out.....

Palner down to 120

Horst up to 126

Interesting!

Bkackman had drops at 152 to 145 in Brown and 160 to 152 in Sacharczyl

NO Rippey,  this weekend....no Reiniche v Rippey possible.

No Hartline at 132....no Brown v Hartline possibility.

Edited by Twofdr