STATE DUALS?

Mrwrestlerman

17 hours ago, DaBears1976 said:

It's a pretty much "bash Cleveland " thread, but like your idea. 

That's what it seems like. I will lay out some predictions in no particular order.

Region 1 - Jeff Co, Science Hill

Region 2 - Halls, Powell

Region 3 - Heritage, William Blount

Region 4 - Cleveland, Bradley

Region 5 - Blackman, Oakland

Region 6 - Beech, Wilson Central

Region 7 - Summit, Brentwood

Region 8 - Arlington, Bartlett

On 1/8/2018 at 9:49 PM, ObserverW said:

I always love the statement "I was winning before I got pinned."  Haha!!!  What's funny is it usually comes from middle school wrestlers, not Big Time wrestling coaches. Haha. Those two guys were winning until they didn't. Using your same logic, WHAT IF two Soddy kids that lost and in some local experts eyes "should have" won actually did win by pin, now it's 31-36. 

It definitely could have happened that way. All I was saying was that two Cleveland wrestlers had more points than the kid from Soddy at the time they got pinned. If that offends you I am sorry but it is a fact. They lost and that's what matters and they shouldn't have lost in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2018 at 8:49 PM, ObserverW said:

I always love the statement "I was winning before I got pinned."  Haha!!!  What's funny is it usually comes from middle school wrestlers, not Big Time wrestling coaches. Haha. Those two guys were winning until they didn't. Using your same logic, WHAT IF two Soddy kids that lost and in some local experts eyes "should have" won actually did win by pin, now it's 31-36. 

The implication is obviously the winner was lucky to win it.  Next time don't expect the same outcome.  It's a statement that speaks to the hope of a future rematch with a different result.  In that sense I don't have a problem with it.  If there is no chance for a rematch at some point then, yeah, you are just drowning in shoulda, woulda, coulda's.  

9 minutes ago, mrfixalot49 said:

I'm pretty comfortable with the fact that "The two SD boys shouldn't have won, but they did". Ill take that W any day. Congrats to those two SD boys that won. They wrestled their butts off. 

They absolutely did, and I promise I am not taking anything away from them. I don't know much about Settles but Tony is a stud so I truly didn't know how that match would turn out anyways but I felt like during the match Cody should have won but Tony came out on top and that's what mattered. Cody wrestled to Tony's strengths where he could use his athleticism and strength and that's not where Cody should be trying to take the match in my opinion.