Alcoa Tornado Football Dream Team

BCsportsfan

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I wonder how many MLK kids would be on a Pearl Cohn dream team??

I don't know the school attended but their dream team would be an easy one to name and you would be hard pressed to find many schools statewide that would be able to play with them:

QB:  Deaunte Mason

RB:  Santonio Beard

TE:  John Henderson

SE:  Rashad Mason

SE:  William Johnson

FL:  Jimmeryous Parker

OL:  Albert Washington

OL:  Reggie Ridley

OL:  Joey Martin

OL:  Darren Hayes

OL:  Antonio Richardson*

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa has had two receivers that haven't been named who didn't play their senior years who would easily have an argument to be listed:

Brian Sommer

Tykee Ogle-Kellogg

Both could have been very special in High School.  Seriously talented! Hope to see Tykee do well in College. 

Edited by BCsportsfan

Going back in time....John Chiefy Wilson was solid as was Marc Burnett. I believe Marc was more on the basketball side, but a heck of an athlete. Some of the first memories I have as a kid were the Maryville Vs Alcoa battles featuring Albert Davis and Larry Johnston. Larry signed with UT and Albert should have, but ended up at Tennessee State. I know it was not as advertised back in those days, but I seem to remember that Albert was considered the top high school running back in the country by many college coaches. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MLREB said:

Going back in time....John Chiefy Wilson was solid as was Marc Burnett. I believe Marc was more on the basketball side, but a heck of an athlete. Some of the first memories I have as a kid were the Maryville Vs Alcoa battles featuring Albert Davis and Larry Johnston. Larry signed with UT and Albert should have, but ended up at Tennessee State. I know it was not as advertised back in those days, but I seem to remember that Albert was considered the top high school running back in the country by many college coaches. 

Late 60's............you're as old as Rebelsman! :D

Davis3-e1379168202633.jpg

Albert Davis Sr.

Picture1.png.f64e9526e5f3dab5026be63ba5b3b789.png

2012-Hall-of-Fame-Tyris-Gilmore-Jr.-and-

Larry Johnston, second from left with Tyris Gilmore Jr. (2012 Hall of Fame).