CLINTON DRAGONS 2018

92Dragon

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I watched a 5 minute highlight video and seen 2 touchdowns by Clinton. They had some good defensive stops and the QB looked good throwing which is more reasons not to be running the wing-t. Number 56 looks good on defense.

I get you don't like the Wing-T (I'm not crazy about it either), but you can be successful throwing the ball out of it

37 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I get you don't like the Wing-T (I'm not crazy about it either), but you can be successful throwing the ball out of it

I think if you get behind in a ballgame trying to comeback running the wing-t the odds are against you. I have watched McCamey's brand of it and I can tell you what is fixing to come at you before it happens. If I can see it I sure know an opposing coach can figure it out. I know when he is going to pass and be on the money every time. That was why his GCA teams could never come from behind once they lost the lead in the 4th.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I watched a 5 minute highlight video and seen 2 touchdowns by Clinton. They had some good defensive stops and the QB looked good throwing which is more reasons not to be running the wing-t. Number 56 looks good on defense.

I believe that's the kid that transferred from Union County a couple years ago. He started as a freshman last year. His last name is Lenderman I believe. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

But yes, he is gonna be very good! 

47 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I think if you get behind in a ballgame trying to comeback running the wing-t the odds are against you. I have watched McCamey's brand of it and I can tell you what is fixing to come at you before it happens. If I can see it I sure know an opposing coach can figure it out. I know when he is going to pass and be on the money every time. That was why his GCA teams could never come from behind once they lost the lead in the 4th.

I agree, imho it's predictable unless your just having success running well 80% of the time you can get in trouble, plus your running the clock too. As I said an 1-9 Scott team held them to 10 points, I believe the lowest amount a team scored on them. If a team can stop it the passing game probably isn't going to be there. And like you said the QB looks good throwing/is mobile and they have speed, size up front at the O-line/TE/FB position. I'm just more of a balanced offense fan myself and I think with the players I saw overall they could spread the field and be more successful scoring with a different formation even if they run the Wing-T half the time especially since the D looks good. 

I watched Clinton struggle to score in their scrimmages last summer before the season started and it carried over into the regular season. A few players (trouble kids) were kicked off the team midway through the season as well. Some other players stepped up and filled those holes. A couple of those kids finished the season strong. Both of those players are back this year and should pick up where they left off. 

I believe you'll see a difference in our exacution of the wing t offense with us scoring more points out of it this year. 

On 7/16/2018 at 10:30 PM, 92Dragon said:

I believe that's the kid that transferred from Union County a couple years ago. He started as a freshman last year. His last name is Lenderman I believe. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

But yes, he is gonna be very good! 

Trevor Linderman, I have been singing his praises ever since I found out he came to you guys. He will be a STUD by the time he leaves there.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2018 at 3:53 PM, 92Dragon said:

You are correct! He is very good to be so young. He's already turning heads. 

Having coached against him as an 8th grade wrestler when he was at Union County I can assure you he had most grownups scared of how much of a beast he was at 14 years old!