CLINTON DRAGONS 2018

92Dragon

11 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

If your running out of Flexbone and not running the option, your really wasting time. So I agree Barney, outside of Webb nobody is successful running the Wing-T. That’s why I said they would have to be spot on running it to POSSIBLY be a playoff team.

Yep.  Running the winged-t in 5A and 6A football is a different game from running it in 1A, 2A, and D2.  It just is.  

Even as talented as Oakland is, they don't run the Winged T exclusively. They are very much multiple offensively.  

• Upvote 1

Very true HTV. It baffles me how High school coaches are afraid to run the Triple Option, instead settling for the Wing-T. I think they think it’s a lot harder to teach than it actually is. And I definitely agree it’s not the same in 1a as it is in 5 or 6a. Because at some point, who has the athletes vs who doesn’t WILL be a deciding factor.

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

If your running out of Flexbone and not running the option, your really wasting time. So I agree Barney, outside of Webb nobody is successful running the Wing-T. That’s why I said they would have to be spot on running it to POSSIBLY be a playoff team.

Rhea County is pretty good at it!

42 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Very true HTV. It baffles me how High school coaches are afraid to run the Triple Option, instead settling for the Wing-T. I think they think it’s a lot harder to teach than it actually is. And I definitely agree it’s not the same in 1a as it is in 5 or 6a. Because at some point, who has the athletes vs who doesn’t WILL be a deciding factor.

We (OR) run the triple option. I don’t think we play anyone else who does though. 

On 7/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, 92Dragon said:

Clinton is getting some good work in down at TTU in the 7on7 drills. Defense attacking the ball and offense clicking early on. So far in 9 games the Dragons have recorded 19 ints. Keep up the good work boys! 

GO DRAGONS!!

19 interceptions is incredible. Who were y’all going against? I don’t think I saw even 3 interceptions today in Maryville 

2 hours ago, catswild said:

19 interceptions is incredible. Who were y’all going against? I don’t think I saw even 3 interceptions today in Maryville 

Big difference in 7 on 7 and real football with the bit uglies up front putting pressure on the QB.  

Honestly, 7 on 7 tells one very little about how a team will perform once the pads go on and it becomes real football.  

Edited by HTV

4 hours ago, catswild said:

I'm not sure catswild. I was just recapping what Coach McKamey had posted on Twitter . Clinton's pass defense was definitely their weakness last year and it doesn't surprise me that they've made it a point of emphasis to improve on.

Coach said he has never seen a defense attack the ball the way this one has so far. 

I agree with HTV....it's a totally different situation when the big boys up front join in. 

6 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I'm not sure catswild. I was just recapping what Coach McKamey had posted on Twitter . Clinton's pass defense was definitely their weakness last year and it doesn't surprise me that they've made it a point of emphasis to improve on.

Coach said he has never seen a defense attack the ball the way this one has so far. 

I agree with HTV....it's a totally different situation when the big boys up front join in. 

His offense scored 10 or less in seven games last year and 13 in another one but let's keep that our secret and let Coach McCamey figure that one out.  I'm sure for the Clinton fans that had to be like setting there for 48 minutes watching a moth climb a drape.