Individual State?

whoAMi01

1 hour ago, PurpleWrestler said:

From what I hear, public school parents were complaining of an unfair advantage the private schools had. Don't know why everyone is worried about all this, just go out and wrestle.

I was told the exact same thing about the split.  What I want to know is what the TSSAA is going to do when one (1) single  D2 school wants to compete in female wrestling.  By rule they will then be required to have two (2) girls divisions so that the private school girls don't have an unfair advantage! lol

This whole public vs private split is nothing more than adults getting their feelings hurt and acting like spoiled brats.  Both sides were guilty of multiple violations and the split did nothing to help solve the problems.  Now you have people wanting to have a special classification for open zoned schools and magnet schools.  Next we will have someone ask for a split based on the size of the school superintendents hands.  At some point everyone is going to have to take a stand and say enough is enough of this political correctness and everyone is not supposed to be a winner. To my knowledge none of the other 48 states that offer wrestling (Mississippi does not offer wrestling) are not split  based on public or private schools, it's all based on enrollment numbers.  Would it not make a great individual state tournament with Cleveland, Science Hill, Christian Brothers & Baylor all fighting for the same state title?

5 minutes ago, cbg said:

I was told the exact same thing about the split.  What I want to know is what the TSSAA is going to do when one (1) single  D2 school wants to compete in female wrestling.  By rule they will then be required to have two (2) girls divisions so that the private school girls don't have an unfair advantage! lol

This whole public vs private split is nothing more than adults getting their feelings hurt and acting like spoiled brats.  Both sides were guilty of multiple violations and the split did nothing to help solve the problems.  Now you have people wanting to have a special classification for open zoned schools and magnet schools.  Next we will have someone ask for a split based on the size of the school superintendents hands.  At some point everyone is going to have to take a stand and say enough is enough of this political correctness and everyone is not supposed to be a winner. To my knowledge none of the other 48 states that offer wrestling (Mississippi does not offer wrestling) are not split  based on public or private schools, it's all based on enrollment numbers.  Would it not make a great individual state tournament with Cleveland, Science Hill, Christian Brothers & Baylor all fighting for the same state title?

I'm not going to disagree, but every year I hear the same argument. At this point, it's not going to change any time soon, so why not just let them wrestle? Why spend time discussing the same old thing each year? Just like everyone loves to say about the refs (put on the stripes or shut up), same should be said here. Go to work for the board, or just let it be.

If they used enrollment numbers for the divisions, then Cleveland and Christian Brothers would not be in the same division (I am assuming because I have not looked at the numbers).  Keep in mind that Christian Brothers and other D2 schools are all-male schools so that hurts overall enrollment. Just throwing another talking point out there to make it interesting

1 hour ago, wrestler04 said:

Would Cleveland have been able to use Wysong and Lundy?  Just wondering...

1) You would have allow public school kids to go where the heck they wanted, if you wan to go this route.

2) Why would TSSAA make the rules any different for Wrestling? They won’t....it’s a minor sport as far as they are concerned.

The rules and splits and divisions, etc....they all get passed down by what’s best for football.