Region updates

Bump11

16 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Ok mean jean okurland

It's Mean Gene Okerlund!  Seems your Pro wrestling knowledge matches your folk Style :)

Anyways, good luck to all those able to move on from regions to state. The real journey starts Thursday and friday(depending on which division you wrestle with). You have put the work in to get to where you are and now is the time to reap the rewards! By far the hardest sport out there, so keep a sharp mental focus and go out and get the job done! Good luck to all those in TN wrestling both men's and women's divisions! I wish you all the best, but I hope Region 4 brings back the most hardware!   Lol

38 minutes ago, bonesaw said:

Region 6 results:  106 Trey Bates Beech

113 Hunter Borders WC

120 Brayden Palmer Beech

126 Noah Horst Beech

132 Thomas Williams Kenwood

138 Alex Pergande WC

145 Enrique Gonzalez Rossview

152 Trevor Rippy Beech

160 Dylan Quinn MJ

170 Parker Bennett WC

182 Sinjin Noga WC

195 Bradley Williams Clarksville

220 Kolin Miller WC

Hwt Michael Kramer WC

Hated to see Weist go out injured at 145, knew he would have been in the hunt at state.  Walling and Williams at 195 was a good match although best match was Palmer and Isbell at 120. Didn't really think it was best match, Palmer was up 12-0 and Isbell battled back to make it a 12-8 match. OW went to Horst from Beech and Kramer from WC.

132 got turned on it’s head. 113 seemed crazy. Palmer dominated the first 2 periods then Isbell came storming back. Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw that match again with medal implications next week. Same with 106. All 4 of those guys could end up on the podium. 

45 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Well, I guess we should shut the message boards down as no one should be able to speak since TSSAA isn't going to listen! Listen little kid, I have been around the sport a long time, I have seen TSSAA make some dumb decisions and actually come back to rid those decisions while I have also seen them make some dumb ones and keep them because of money! Fact is this thread would have been dead because although you are HAPPY to come on here and rail in someone for jumping the shark you added nothing to it! I couldn't be there because I sat at home with the FLU when I could have been an #### and just went so I could watch what I love with wrestling. Maybe I shouldn't have an sat in the cleveland section while coughing all over everyone and see how that would have went! Titus won't get seeded and neither will Wilson, but it would be nice to know if maybe they were sick already and just trying to qualify for next weekend before going home and getting rest or if they got hurt or something instead of your responses that didn't help anything or relay any information. The thread started at region updates and someone's else mentioned it being watered down, and no one else came in to even push it on the right tracks by adding region commentary! 

Ive heard two diff opinions yesterday. Just curious Cobra becaue I don't know how they seed at state. I thought if you place the yr before or win your region you get seeded. Do they not seed the other wrestlers? But you said that Titus and Wilson won' get seeded. Not sure about Titus last yr but didn't Wilson place last yr so does that give him a seed for this yr.

I believe it’s set up where no 2 region champs meet until the quarters. Could be wrong but I believe they all get their own little 4 person quadrant with a 2, 3, and 4 from other regions. So you won’t see 2 region champs in the first round or a 1 and 2 from the same region in the first couple rounds. Atleast I think that’s how it used to work. May be different now

Edited by Bump11

6 minutes ago, mrfixalot49 said:

So the rest of the kids 2-4 just get thrown in the bracket where ever they land. No seeding for them at all?

I have seen the defending state champ in a weight take on the number 2 ranked kid(that previously runner-up the year before) that got hurt in region finals in second round in state before. 

3 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

I believe it’s set up there no 2 region champs meet until the quarters. Could be wrong but I believe they all get their own little 4 person quadrant with a 2, 3, and 4 from other regions. So you won’t see 2 region champs in the first round or a 1 and 2 from the same region in eh first couple rounds. Atleast I think that’s how it used to work. May be different now

Correct, each wrestler from the region will be put into a different quad. So first and second placers from a region would not meet till the finals. So first and fourth on one side of bracket in diff quad and second third on other side of bracket different quad. It is why I have seen once 3 kids maybe even 4 from same region all place

Edited by cobrakid8