District 14AA Tournament Thread

TennSportsFan77

9 hours ago, Bobcatsfan said:

South Side is a dirty team. They are like the old Bad Boys in Detroit. If the officials call the game right, McNairy Central should win. They can't afford to let Miller score 30 or more.

SS is more athletic than 99% of girls teams. They play a physical (boys type) of game. If the refs let them play it will be a long night for MC. If they call it tight then it could go either way. I’ll take SS by 12 

5 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I wouldn't call it dirty, they are way more aggressive and athletic than most girls and people aren't used to that. I love the way they defend. If they call the game right then it will be a JV game. SS hand checks, Mcnairy rides girls hips because they can't defend, bigs go over the back. It will be a lot of fouls. SS plays fast and wins easy. Mcnairy controls tempo wins by a little

Poll all the other seven coaches in the district. They will tell you South Side plays dirty. They had one player ejected earlier in the season for punching a player. The coach apparently was leery of his players getting kicked out in their last regular season game and rested some of his starters.  SS players fall into the defensive players to get fouls called. If you say McNairy can't defend, then you do not know basketball. Wade-Warren is more talented than anyone on SS and does not have to go over backs to get rebounds. Miller scores more, but no D1 coach would draft Miller over Wade-Warren.  

4 hours ago, Bobcatsfan said:

Poll all the other seven coaches in the district. They will tell you South Side plays dirty. They had one player ejected earlier in the season for punching a player. The coach apparently was leery of his players getting kicked out in their last regular season game and rested some of his starters.  SS players fall into the defensive players to get fouls called. If you say McNairy can't defend, then you do not know basketball. Wade-Warren is more talented than anyone on SS and does not have to go over backs to get rebounds. Miller scores more, but no D1 coach would draft Miller over Wade-Warren.  

This is comical and obviously you don't know basketball or college coaches. I'm sure they wouldn't pass up on a 6'2 to get a 5'1. And for her to be so talented at that size why doesn't she average 20 and 15? She SHOULD BE killing in this district. In talks with dmm88, which is an avid Hawks fan and relative to players, the coaches didn't rest anybody, at least 6 players were out with the flu and the 2 we seniors are still hurt. At the Haywood game, I was there. No punch was thrown, the Haywood girl pulled Miller's hair and she pushed her off of her, it was during a loose ball tie up. Miller is hands down the best player in district contrary to popular belief. Warren is good, and a big upside no shade there. I've played and coached on the college level so sorry, but knowing ball is natural

Hey BobcatsFan, way to pull for your team. But don't act like Miller isn't a talented player, the only difference between her and Wade-Warren is that Khyla is 6"3 and D1 coaches are looking at that. But I would bet you a steak dinner, plus $100 bucks that Miller plays D1 as well. I've had talks with some big time evaluators in this region and Miller has about 10+ D1 schools interested in her as we speak. And yeah why isn't Wade-Warren dominating???? I don't care if she is a sophomore, she's one of the top players in the area. She should be averaging 25 and 15 with those gifts. And if she is high priority at a place like Florida or Vanderbilt??!!??? Makes you wonder.........

Warren played like she was on the AAU circuit tonight along with her senior teammates. She looled like she was a 6'2 D1 prospect. They wanted it a little more than SS. Miller didn't shoot particularly well but she puts pressure on defenses I bet she still had 20 or 25. Good job Mcnairy and congrats to all y'all Bobcat fans. Y'all got it!