2017-2018 Pin-Tn Wrestlers of the Year

Hamm

3 hours ago, LBJ6 said:

Ty would be another great option. That’s why I was saying that so many kids are derserving. It’s hard to choose just one. Trey Bates also went undefeated going 52-0. He had a big win about a month ago over Alabama state champ and Fargo AA, Dylan Lesueur.

Lesueur is an ok win he is good but no stud watched him take some terrible losses this summer. Palmer beat Latona this year and Latona is highly ranked and is a 2 time champ and 4 time finalist at Fargo. Seems to me like a way bigger win than any else had in Tennessee this year  

1 hour ago, sx1234 said:

Kind of hard argue against national rankings.  Random question but who else in TSSAA was ranked nationally?  And No- I don't care who was ranked in middle school (Go ahead and get that out of the way now).

Right now these are the only kids we have ranked nationally.

Mason Reiniche (Baylor) 14th on Intermat, 16th on Flo

Michael Kramer (Wilson Central) 20th on Flo

1 hour ago, WrestlingGod said:

Right now these are the only kids we have ranked nationally.

Mason Reiniche (Baylor) 14th on Intermat, 16th on Flo

Michael Kramer (Wilson Central) 20th on Flo

River I am pretty sure was ranked before he got hurt and head to head beat Kramer another nationally ranked heavyweight.

Now as far as who we have ranked nationally, if you dont like Flo or intermat

Theopenmat.com-  has river henry ranked 15th and mason 19th

win-magazine  has mason 18th, River 12th and Kramer 13th

All are very good wrestlers and it sucks that injuries can cost someone a state title.

38 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

I could not disagree with you more.

It's fine to disagree MY opinion is until our coaching ,intensity,competition , yr round wrestling , and#1 our parents step up we will be where we're at now! Kudos to everyone who is involved in tn wrestling the teams and coaches just need so much more support than what they get thx to all who support wrestling it's just not enough to compete consistently nationally

29 minutes ago, Crybabees said:

That's why it will stay the same

Because I disagree that the state of Tennessee is "so far behind nationally and it wont change anytime soon", because I am optimistic about the direction of the sport and rising competition levels in the state, because I am excited that more and more kids are starting to travel out of state to seek out better competition, because every year we have more and more kids ranked with FloWrestling and Intermat and WINmagazine and others, because every year you see more and more kids on the college scene starting to make names for themselves after coming out of TN, because of all these reasons is the reason "why it will stay the same?"

Listen man, I don't know who you are, but one thing we all have in common on this board is we all want to see TN wrestling grow. It doesn't matter if they're from Cleveland, Soddy, Knoxville Halls, Wilson Central or wherever. We ALL on here are working to grow TN wrestling as a whole. If you want to rag on wrestling in Tennessee find a PA wrestling forum. Fact of the matter is we ABSOLUTELY are the way up. Between the JR national team finishing 8th in the country or MULTIPLE Fargo AA's and champs the last few years, or kids stepping up and winning prep nationals, or many many other examples you're just flat out wrong.

By the way, each of your examples can be easily disproven. Get with the program on working to move the state forward or just go away, but don't come on here to just to bash our state.