Rhea County 2018

QB14

The kid at Meigs would not have played RB here because of depth or the system. He would have played RB because of who the HC is determined to play at QB. That just is what it is and I totally understand it. I haven't witnessed anything on this thread talking down about any players but have noticed that many, like me, hate to see us losing kids and would like to see more of our kids here getting the opportunities to play ball at the next level. I KNOW we have enough talent and we have lots that would like to play after high school that aren't getting the chance. I don't pretend to know how to fix that but if  a kid has the desire and talent to play at the next level, I hope they get too. I haven't missed a game in over 10 years and won't miss one this year.

2 hours ago, Indian said:

QB at Meigs didn't begin in Rhea schools, either, so it evened out for Rhea.

Yes, Indian you are correct and the situation and events that lead to his arrival and departure have already been discussed on here but some choose to beleive what they want.

• 3 weeks later...

Football time is nearly here! Scrimmage at Clinton this Saturday! Who is going and what do you look for out of the Eagles?

I'm definitely going, and I look to see the new offense move pretty well on the Dragons, but I am curious about our defense. We lost around 8 or 9 regular contributors on that side, and I want to see our secondary show improvement.

3 hours ago, QB14 said:

Football time is nearly here! Scrimmage at Clinton this Saturday! Who is going and what do you look for out of the Eagles?

I'm definitely going, and I look to see the new offense move pretty well on the Dragons, but I am curious about our defense. We lost around 8 or 9 regular contributors on that side, and I want to see our secondary show improvement.

I'm looking forward to this scrimmage for sure. Rhea County will definitely let us know where we stand and what type of a team we'll have this year. 

Hope you guys have a safe trip up and look forward to seeing you!! 

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I'm looking forward to this scrimmage for sure. Rhea County will definitely let us know where we stand and what type of a team we'll have this year. 

Hope you guys have a safe trip up and look forward to seeing you!! 

Enjoyed the trip up two years ago! You all have a nice facility, and I think the set-up is one of the best in the area. 

Excited to see how the new system is working. Always had high respect for Coach McKamey, and it was a shame to see hard times hit your program as hard as they did. I have memories of Clinton being a tough matchup for just about anyone, and I hope the Dragons get back to that sooner rather than later.

I'm curious to see that secondary I've read so much about on here the last few weeks. Sounds like it could be a tough one to pass the ball on should the need arise. 

40 minutes ago, QB14 said:

Enjoyed the trip up two years ago! You all have a nice facility, and I think the set-up is one of the best in the area. 

Excited to see how the new system is working. Always had high respect for Coach McKamey, and it was a shame to see hard times hit your program as hard as they did. I have memories of Clinton being a tough matchup for just about anyone, and I hope the Dragons get back to that sooner rather than later.

I'm curious to see that secondary I've read so much about on here the last few weeks. Sounds like it could be a tough one to pass the ball on should the need arise. 

Thank you! I've always liked how close the stands are to the field. Our defense was definitely the strength of our team last year (except against the pass) . Sounds like we've been working on our pass defense since the end of the season. 

What kind of new system are you guys running? Have you been told if the scrimmage is at our practice field or game field? I've only been told that we will be selling basic concessions.

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Thank you! I've always liked how close the stands are to the field. Our defense was definitely the strength of our team last year (except against the pass) . Sounds like we've been working on our pass defense since the end of the season. 

What kind of new system are you guys running? Have you been told if the scrimmage is at our practice field or game field? I've only been told that we will be selling basic concessions.

I have not been told of the location, but I assumed it would be on the game field since there is more than likely going to be a large group of Eagle faithful make the trip. We've always traveled well, even to scrimmages.

This year, the coaches have decided to try out the Georgia Tech triple option. While it isn't too awful different than the Wing-T or Power-T, it adds a different dimension to the run game, and it capitalizes on our depth at running back and the athleticism of the QB. We ran it all spring and have ran it so far during summer practices. If you want to see it, a highlight reel of the spring scrimmage against Franklin County is on Rhea Review's YouTube channel.

1 hour ago, QB14 said:

I have not been told of the location, but I assumed it would be on the game field since there is more than likely going to be a large group of Eagle faithful make the trip. We've always traveled well, even to scrimmages.

This year, the coaches have decided to try out the Georgia Tech triple option. While it isn't too awful different than the Wing-T or Power-T, it adds a different dimension to the run game, and it capitalizes on our depth at running back and the athleticism of the QB. We ran it all spring and have ran it so far during summer practices. If you want to see it, a highlight reel of the spring scrimmage against Franklin County is on Rhea Review's YouTube channel.

You're right, it's not much different from the wing-t. Y'all should pick up on it fairly quickly. 

11 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

You're right, it's not much different from the wing-t. Y'all should pick up on it fairly quickly. 

They have picked it up really well so far. Kaylor, who also starts at MLB and punter, switched from tight end to fullback this off-season and looks solid there. 

The younger Pemberton, entering his 3rd year as the starter at QB, looks like he was spent some added time in the weight room and is more than athletic enough to be a triple option QB. 

I like the switch in offense, and I think the Eagles start better this season on that side than last year. My concern is replacing all but one DB and both OLBs. Everywhere else should be solid.