JD Overton Out at Halls

AllRegion

1 hour ago, sheppy said:

Well one left and just came back.  Knoxville's pay is not that bad, it just can't compare to Oak Ridge, Maryville and Blount Co., Kingsport.

From what I am told by my coaching friends, the Knox County teachers pay is somewhere close to the middle of the state average, but the coaching supplements are well below average.  

12 hours ago, HTV said:

From what I am told by my coaching friends, the Knox County teachers pay is somewhere close to the middle of the state average, but the coaching supplements are well below average.  

You can find this information online pretty easily.

Knox County pay is average for teaching and coaching supplements, but there are a lot of systems right around Knoxville that pay more and/or have fewer administrative headaches.  It's been that way for a while.

Usually a system that pays teachers high has a lot of micromanaging (like Kingsport and Maryville) but teachers and coaches put up with it because the money's good, while a system with low or average pay gives teachers more freedom (like Campbell County or Claiborne County), so people stay because they like the environment.

Knox County has a bad mix of a lot of micromanaging with average pay and it runs people off.  The resources that the Knox County schools have to work with are pretty mediocre, too.

15 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

I wonder what happened. Also, regarding the other opening your mentioned, I heard the same. I am also hearing they may already have their guy. 

Most likely it was the difference in Oak Ridge City Schools teacher pay and Knox County Schools teacher pay.