Top 5 in 5A

Meeru

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, sheppy said:

Northeast HS just got the best RB in Clarksville to transfer in about a month ago.  Had over 1200 yards in 6A last year.  They deserve a lot of ink with their returning talent.

You are right I believe NE will have a very good season. Possibly a top 5 team. Havent looked at NE schedule for this year yet though. Unfortunately I believe we play @NE. Will be a tough game. 

11 hours ago, tandem said:

Beech will be one of the most inexperienced teams in 5A. Lots of very young talent, but way too early to put them in the top five. 

I also agree with this I know they lost a lot. Unless they have a lot of great young talent its hard to talk Beech being in top 5. Although Beech is a great program and always deserves respect 

4 hours ago, gbrpats said:

I also agree with this I know they lost a lot. Unless they have a lot of great young talent its hard to talk Beech being in top 5. Although Beech is a great program and always deserves respect 

There is some talent there but mostly soph’s and jr’s who've not played any meaningful varsity minutes yet. My guess is they will start 5 or 6 sr’s. 

Edited by tandem

4 hours ago, tandem said:

There is some talent there but mostly soph’s and jr’s who've not played any meaningful varsity minutes yet. My guess is they will start 5 or 6 sr’s. 

They’re loaded in the sophomore and junior classes. Don’t let him lie to you @gbrpats 

My guess is there will be some early growing pains but they will peak right around playoff time and make a nice run. After this year, they will be state championship caliber for at least a few years

On 5/4/2018 at 7:20 AM, FreeAgent11 said:

5A will be a tough class to pick again this year.   You'll have the normal contenders with Catholic, Fulton, Central, Oak Ridge, Rhea County, and South Doyle contending from the East.  You'll have Henry County, Ridgeway and Brighton out West and a strong Middle Tennessee presence from Beech, Hillsboro, Gallatin, and Hendersonville.   Shelbyville, Summit, Columbia and Franklin County may be sleepers as well.

Hendersonville is 6a