Grace Christian Franklin Dropping Football

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I was a 13 year old freshman playing against 18 and some 19 yr olds in what would now be 6A division. I survived. Really sounds like adults teaching kids to  run from competition when you should be teaching them life's not fair and you still have to overcome obstacles.

Big difference in teaching kids that life is not fair and sending kids out and possibly having them suffer serious injury. Let the school grow and get more kids out. Stop being but hurt cause your team just lost an easy win

33 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

There was only 3 divisions when I was in HS as well, I meant that the school would be considered 6A now.  As far as my statement, from the information presented, it does appear that the school in question is running from competition during a down cycle of talent. In doing so are not honoring their agreement with other schools and putting them in a difficult situation for scheduling games at the last minute.

Is this incorrect?

Now that statement is correct. And yes I think They should have stuck it out. But they felt differently and are siding on safety. Only can take them at their word. You see I am Not even affiliated with Grace. So I get Tired of when people want to throw around scared of competion and teaching kids adversity. Only when it benifits their argument. My school is a private. We have always played up in 2A with no complaints. We dress 24 to 28 kids on Friday night. So be it. That teaches kids to face adversity and our boys take it as a challenge. But don’t worry we will be D2 after next year and the public’s can take a deep breath because we will be gone. Because we have won so many gold balls that it is unfair.   Hahahahaha.  

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

Big difference in teaching kids that life is not fair and sending kids out and possibly having them suffer serious injury. Let the school grow and get more kids out. Stop being but hurt cause your team just lost an easy win

My team didn't have them scheduled, just sympathetic to schools that have to  schedule games late because other teams bailed.  If it was really a safety issue, I can respect that, however, if it was really a safety issue should those kids be playing/practicing against older kids to start with?

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Now that statement is correct. And yes I think They should have stuck it out. But they felt differently and are siding on safety. Only can take them at their word. You see I am Not even affiliated with Grace. So I get Tired of when people want to throw around scared of competion and teaching kids adversity. Only when it benifits their argument. My school is a private. We have always played up in 2A with no complaints. We dress 24 to 28 kids on Friday night. So be it. That teaches kids to face adversity and our boys take it as a challenge. But don’t worry we will be D2 after next year and the public’s can take a deep breath because we will be gone. Because we have won so many gold balls that it is unfair.   Hahahahaha.  

Respect your opinion on siding with the school. Mine just happens to be different and that makes for intelligent and worthwhile discussions. My point is that if the school was really concerned about the safety of 13 and 14 year olds competing against 18 and 19 year olds that would not allow them to compete against them last year or 5 years from now because it would still be a safety issue.

However since the school will allow the younger players to compete when the schools team is better, they are still putting the kids at risk and invalidating their own argument.

As far as the bold part of your comment, I really, really doubt that your school has won more football gold ball trophies than the school I support. As a matter of fact, there is no way your school has won more.

51 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Respect your opinion on siding with the school. Mine just happens to be different and that makes for intelligent and worthwhile discussions. My point is that if the school was really concerned about the safety of 13 and 14 year olds competing against 18 and 19 year olds that would not allow them to compete against them last year or 5 years from now because it would still be a safety issue.

However since the school will allow the younger players to compete when the schools team is better, they are still putting the kids at risk and invalidating their own argument.

As far as the bold part of your comment, I really, really doubt that your school has won more football gold ball trophies than the school I support. As a matter of fact, there is no way your school has won more.

You did bump your head a lot. That was a joke on the gold balls. Hence the Hahahaha at the end. And as far as the kids and safety for the last 5 years. You have to look past that. If the young kids have tried to compete and get killed and sustain injuries then it turns into a numbers game. Tca my school may be a prime example. We have 1A enrollment but are bumped up to 2A. We compete. We win some we loose some. But now we see the number of kids dropping fast.   Kids see boys get hurt and then they get scared and do not play. So next year we will have 15 seniors. 2 juniors. 3 sophomores and 4 freshman. So after next year. Is it because we are scared of competion. Or is it possible that we will only have 12 and 13 kids. Trust me we got 3 boys that are 300 plus but will have nothing to do with football they play golf. 

15 hours ago, Booger said:

13 playin gainst 19 year olds....guess we no what school system wernt puttin out our astronuts

Booger just sayin giphy.gif

Very late birthday vs kids that were held back a year with early bdays. Didn't turn 14 until October of Freshman year. Not an academic heavyweight, just had an unfortunate bday. 

One would think that with a former NFL player as a head coach and having a much better year than Franklin High last season Grace could potentially draw some "neighborhood" kids to their program.  Fortunately for FHS this  JV decision by Grace will all but guarantee they won't loose a single player to the little school.