UC Golden Tornadoes VS Mayfield Cardinals August 17th at War Memorial

SImpleplan

14 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Man truthfully I don't know. Each year is different with our style of offense. One year we pound teams into submission and others we are quick and surprise teams with great fakes and deception that comes with the triple option. From what I have seen so far we are the quick and deceptive team. However I have also seen is grind it out. 

I watched the Jamboree last night and I was expecting Hayward County to slap us around. They played in the 4A semifinals last year and only lost a handful of players. In fact they return one of the top RBs in the state. He ran for over 2500 yards last year. We held him in check. Now I know you can't put too much into a Jamboree but  I saw the HC coaches losing their minds with their players, I think meant a little something to them. We were extremely out sized and our guys play both ways. We forced them to punt 3 series in a row.

If I could use three words,they would be Scrappy, Relentless, and Fast. We will be in the mic at the end of the season. As far as this game is concerned...... we will see

Given what you are saying, this game will look somewhat different than last year.  MF had their only scrimmage or jamboree I guess is a better word.  We lost alot up front and seemed to struggle at times to stop the run or run the ball ourselves.  When we do throw though it is a thing of beauty.  I have a little concern about our new line, especially early but this is as deep a team at every skill spot as we have had in forever.  MF should win this one but I dont think it is as lopsided as last year.   

To all you UC fans that plan to attend, the stadium known as War Memorial, is not at the High School.  It is located on West Lockridge Street.  I am unsure of address of the stadium but the house across the street from the stadium is 930 W Lockridge.  That in a GPS should do the trick.  Its only a minute off Exit 24 on the Purchase Parkway or I-69 as they call it today

One other thing, its best to enter the visitor side from either end zone.  You will see booster parking in the W end zone and a large contingent of tailgaters but that is private for the boosters.  In case the smaller visitor side bleachers get full, there is additional visitor seating on the massive home side on the West end of the stadium

43 minutes ago, ToothPick said:

To all you UC fans that plan to attend, the stadium known as War Memorial, is not at the High School.  It is located on West Lockridge Street.  I am unsure of address of the stadium but the house across the street from the stadium is 930 W Lockridge.  That in a GPS should do the trick.  Its only a minute off Exit 24 on the Purchase Parkway or I-69 as they call it today

Thanks toothpick. We appreciate your help. I look forward to this Friday night and I am hoping for a competitive game

3 hours ago, Mysonis55 said:

The tropical storm won’t sustain any winds over 35 mph. They have issues passing the ball and they can’t defend it. This is probably the best passing team that I have witnessed at Mayfield. Gonna be lots of 1-5 play series for td’s this year. 

Do we have some tropical weather coming in? Thanks for letting us know. I know you law enforcement guys get a heads up on those type of things. Now I have heard that there are Tornado Warnings being issued already, so I can see WHY you are talking about this topical storm business. I just want to ask you one question. How are you going to throw the ball,if you can't get your offense on the field? Just saying

1 minute ago, Bigsw02 said:

Do we have some tropical weather coming in? Thanks for letting us know. I know you law enforcement guys get a heads up on those type of things. Now I have heard that there are Tornado Warnings being issued already, so I can see WHY you are talking about this topical storm business. I just want to ask you one question. How are you going to throw the ball,if you can't get your offense on the field? Just saying

Swo is off the leash ,I repeat Swo is off the leash!!! 

Well the start of the events leading up to this one began last week between the Middle school squads with Mayfield winning both and I think the 7th grade score was 38-0 and the 8th 12-8 or 12-0 maybe,  something like that.  Are these Cards wins a sign of what is to come?  One has to think UC is working OT to shore up their pass defense to avoid a repeat of last years trip to the wood shed.  

Edited by ToothPick

Last years game had more hype and from the TN fans view was a major eye opener but that game appears to have left a hangover as there is so little chatter from the Orange state.   This time last year there were about 100 pages of post in the thread.  Is this a sign of concern among our friends to our Southern border?  

19 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

You said that last year. This game might not be 41-0. But UC aint gonna win.

1 minute ago, ToothPick said:

Last years game had more hype and from the TN fans view was a major eye opener but that game appears to have left a hangover as there is so little chatter from the Orange state.   This time last year there were about 100 pages of post in the thread.  Is this a sign of concern among our friends to our Southern border?  

Not so much a sign of things however I will say this,UC is always a slow start to the season team,what they do schematically is simply but must be executed to perfection! They always struggle "severely" with defending the pass early on,the UC you see this week is always gonna be far different form the 8 games in Twisty Boys,I know they will have their hands full with MF but UC really is alot like my Golden Tide we really get live for region play and rivalry games,we pack the stands and shout and holler if it's relevant! Not saying we are fair weather fans it's just the small town nature and bragging rights!!!!