Region 2 2A

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/6/2018 at 12:00 PM, Dog00 said:

I'm excited about the direction that the Wartburg BullDogs are headed in . They will definitely be better this year physically.  The conditioning program ran by coach Z is phenomenal.  Coach Human and his assistants have spent lot and lots of time at various clinics.  COACH Human dedicates every minute of everyday doing something for team to make the program better except when he teaching at his day job lol . So be prepared for  NEW LOOK , NEW ATTITUDES , AND A WHOLE LOT MORE PHYSICAL TEAM . 

I have to see that before I believe it.  I saw them a couple of times last year and they had no direction on offense (in the spread 1 series and in the bone the next?) and did neither well.  

Any good scrimmages coming up between any region 2 teams and whoever?  Meigs has a few scrimmages before the jamboree. The scrimmages are against Loudon, McMinn County, and Kingston. Be my first chance to see them on the field this year and will be able to tell how they are compared to last year.

Edited by Imthayeti

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Any good scrimmages coming up between any region 2 teams and whoever?  Meigs has a few scrimmages before the jamboree. The scrimmages are against Loudon, McMinn County, and Kingston. Be my first chance to see them on the field this year and will be able to tell how they are compared to last year.

Please give a synopsis on Loudon after the scrimmage,they are on our schedule.They have a stud running back/QB in the Jackson kid.

Guest Fall101

I believe Oneida may give Meigs a good run. Last year and I know that means nothin. Oneida had 3 turnover in Meigs territory after drivin the field on them. Really glad the linebacker is gone from Meigs he was a complete terror to us. 2nd half last year was 7-6 final being 28-6. I know last year means nothin but I believe this one will be fun and so will be containing Meigs QB kid is a great athlete. Like I said last year means nothin but I believe this one will be fun. I already got it planned to head down to Watch this one. 

Edited by Fall101

Guest Fall101

Meigs has RW and Oneida both at home. That will be a plus for them. Gonna be interesting to see how this region plays out but I believe Meigs Oneida and RW will all battle it out for top spot. 

35 minutes ago, Spike16 said:

I believe Oneida may give Meigs a good run. Last year and I know that means nothin. Oneida had 3 turnover in Meigs territory after drivin the field on them. Really glad the linebacker is gone from Meigs he was a complete terror to us. 2nd half last year was 7-6 final being 28-6. I know last year means nothin but I believe this one will be fun and so will be containing Meigs QB kid is a great athlete. Like I said last year means nothin but I believe this one will be fun. I already got it planned to head down to Watch this one. 

On paper Meigs should be hard to beat this year considering what starters we return. But you never know. Had you all been able to pass last year and I mean any ... you would have had a better season. That ride to Meigs will be hard on you, We did it 2 years in a row. I felt it and I think the kids did too. Containing the qb isn't all you have to do. Our Rb will have a breakout year as well I think. He's a little faster and quite a lot stronger and he is a Senior. If we can make you guess any on defense it will Be a long ride home. It was a long ride home even with a W last year. But all the same i wish your team all the best. Oneida I could tell prepared for us as good as anyone, and did manage to run the clock a lot on us.

Guest Fall101
26 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

On paper Meigs should be hard to beat this year considering what starters we return. But you never know. Had you all been able to pass last year and I mean any ... you would have had a better season. That ride to Meigs will be hard on you, We did it 2 years in a row. I felt it and I think the kids did too. Containing the qb isn't all you have to do. Our Rb will have a breakout year as well I think. He's a little faster and quite a lot stronger and he is a Senior. If we can make you guess any on defense it will Be a long ride home. It was a long ride home even with a W last year. But all the same i wish your team all the best. Oneida I could tell prepared for us as good as anyone, and did manage to run the clock a lot on us.

I would say you are right. Only good thing I have seen is we have bye before we come to y'all. It should be fun. Hopefully we can keep it close. 

Got to see Meigs in action today against Loudon. Offensively we looked strong. Our running back may just have a break out season as he scored at will today most runs were 10 or + yard plays from him a carry. Recieving corps looked great as well caught most passes and seemed to have breakaway speed with accurate passes coming from the qb. Our qb did not run the ball once. Defensively we had a hard time slowing the run not a lot of big plays but 3rd down Loudons mobile qb was great at getting the yards needed for a first down. All In all we looked good at meigs, and Loudon offensively will wear down teams i imagine. They seem to only dress about 40 players which surprised me. We had maybe 60 or so at a guess.