Greenback, Whitwell, and Moore County 3-way

28 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

When our LBs start playing a little faster we will be just fine.

Yep! New guys out there and players rotating to positions not played in high school before. When instincts take root and they start reacting and not having to think so much then we’ll be fine. Gotta learn the bend but not brake & make the big plays defensive motto GB style! Not a bad defensive 1st outing in pads considering Hanley & Edwards not out there (in addition to replacing Gilbert).

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

How many possessions did each team get in yalls scrimmage?  FreeAgent only posted 1 each.  We got several in our 3 way.  

Darn Freeagent!!!   2 Each against both.   Total of four...(48 offensive and defensive plays)   You seriously expected me to pay attention that long??

Edited by FreeAgent11

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

The brothers??? What do you mean? The Grider brothers or what?

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

^^^^ Just a joke from longest yard !!!   And by brothers I mean everyone that wears a black jersey.    You guys are the most tight knit program in the Sequatchie Valley Area,  you operate as one unit, cheer as one unit, and perform as one unit in all 3 facets of the game, you stick with each other, and trust your coaches process because of his performance and track record, I don't hear parents bicker, or complain after games you guys are one big family. I've got nothing but respect for the pirate program.   
Please don't mistake me for someone who has never left that mountain, I'm not from there and will never be.  

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m definitely not one to brag about SP, but I will take that bet. Whitwell has a very good team this season and SP has a young team with only 4-5 seniors, but they won’t beat SP by three scores. I like your enthusiasm though. 

Two weeks before and even at times during the season, Whitwell struggled with punt and punt coverage, I believe they had an attempt blocked in the first round.  Coach Grider realized that and pounced on it fully, you guys sent dang near everyone, the house crashed down, the punt was blocked, it entirely changed the game vs Whitwell, blocked punt for a score into the pirate sails, cannons firing off, home crowd nuts.  The game was over then.  Very few teams no matter how good they are can overcome that kind of point swing and momentum change, from that point on it was keep away and grind.  Which is what you guys did best last year, with that big deep 0 line and raulston, you could bruise away most anyone with a 14 point swing.  

This matchup is going to be again a cannot miss, but its almost hardly worth talking about at this point.  We still don't know who and what these teams are, which is the best part, because come the time they have to play one another, we'll know exactly who they are.